• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bought a puppy that is life threateningly ill

jezzaron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here goes: I bought a cavachon puppy off a registered breeder online a week ago, the breeder seemed very genuine, we had lots of phone conversations etc.. anyway, i picked up the pup from the breeders house along with some other bits for the pup including paperwork.

When i got the pup it had already had its first vaccination and been checked over by a vet, when i took the pup to have its 2nd vaccination 2 days ago my vet told me my pup has a grade 5 and close to grade 6 heart murmur now grade 6 is the worst it gets! and my puppy unfortunately wont live very long my vet also advised it should of been picked up by the vet when giving the first vaccination.

I have been referred to a cardiologist for tests/scans to determine the exact cause which can cost me around £800 and to operate will cost in the thousands, but i am very attached to the puppy already! having spoken to the insurance they are reluctant to pay out as they claim it must have been spotted at the first vaccination and its classed as a pr existing condition!.

Is there anything i can do about being sold this puppy? i have been in touch with the breeder who refused to give us her vets details and now she has disconnected her phone and her neighbors have said they haven't seen her in a few days, its really frustrating and i really don't know what to do!!

Edited by citizenB

So sorry to hear about your poor pup.........you've obviously been scammed by a puppy farmer.

The pup should have the vet's name on the vaccination certificate you received at the time you collected the dog - if there's no certificate, how do you know it's been vaccinated? Dogs with heart murmers can go on to lead full lives, given good care, careful diet & meds. If you explain the circumstances to the insurance company they may offer some sort of arrangement - it's worth a try.

Perhaps Trading Standards could help? There could be other complaints against this vile woman; maybe they can track her down.

Hope all goes well for your new addition.

So sorry to hear about your poor pup.........you've obviously been ****med by a puppy farmer.

The pup should have the vet's name on the vaccination certificate you received at the time you collected the dog - if there's no certificate, how do you know it's been vaccinated? Dogs with heart murmers can go on to lead full lives, given good care, careful diet & meds. If you explain the circumstances to the insurance company they may offer some sort of arrangement - it's worth a try.

Perhaps Trading Standards could help? There could be other complaints against this vile woman; maybe they can track her down.

Hope all goes well for your new addition.

Thanks for your response, the vaccination card has no name on it, having taken it to my vet this morning again my vet advised that the card is a home made one and not one of a serious vet, furthermore he thinks it looks similar to a breeder he has come across called lilly cooper who apparently is in process of a court case for animal cruelty. .. but the kennel registration authority say they are adamant it is a legit breeder and they have managed to get in contact with breeders husband but apparently they are in Germany at the moment so cant get hold of us until they are back on the 19th of the month!

• 1 month later...

Thought i would update you on what has happened, so the kennel Register isn't a legit company, RSPCA advised they try to make them self look like kennel club which is the legitimate company and they do no checks to see if a breeder is decent or not.

The breeder has disappeared and apparently moved abroad somewhere due to police investigations.

Either way the insurance agreed to pay out for an operation procedure - and the operation was successful so Charlie will live to see a full life :)

Hi jezzaron,

I have only just seen your thread, and the happy outcome.

Charlie was blessed that you became his owner and cared enough to get him the right treatment.

What the so-called breeder did was downright wicked and I hope she is caught if she returns to this country and prosecuted. The very fact that she falsified a vaccination document means she is guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation.

I hope you and Charlie have a very happy life together. :-)

DDx

We have a Yorkshire terrier with the same issue, but it was one we bred and kept. The problem never became apparent until she was about 10 years old. She was from the last litter we bred and we only had about one litter a year. We suspect that a puppy we bought from a breeder may have the same issue as he has a rasping type of cough occasionally but it is too early to tell at the moment.

says that puppy sales should be banned unless the mother is present.

Love the theory. How can an unwary buyer be sure any dog they see is the mother? These blasted importers, puppy farmers and dealers seem to find a way round everything. I don't breed dogs, I breed cats. I go through all the paperwork with potential buyers and to be honest they aren't interested. I have to all but tie them down and insist they check through it all with me. I insist on at least two visits, one to view/book a kitten and one to collect no matter how far away they live. I give them my vet as a reference - not a one has ever checked. I get an amazing number of people wanting to send me a deposit to secure a kitten before they've even checked I really exist. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Love the theory. How can an unwary buyer be sure any dog they see is the mother? These blasted importers, puppy farmers and dealers seem to find a way round everything. I don't breed dogs, I breed cats. I go through all the paperwork with potential buyers and to be honest they aren't interested. I have to all but tie them down and insist they check through it all with me. I insist on at least two visits, one to view/book a kitten and one to collect no matter how far away they live. I give them my vet as a reference - not a one has ever checked. I get an amazing number of people wanting to send me a deposit to secure a kitten before they've even checked I really exist. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Theyre the type of people you should refuse to sell to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Theyre the type of people you should refuse to sell to.

Trust me, potential buyers have to clear many hurdles before they get one of my precious kittens. I'd expect them to be just as fierce with me. If I'd want to give out one message it's 'don't be afraid to question and check before you buy'. No good breeder will ever object to a buyer having done their research and asking loads of questions. If anything, as enthusiasts we'll be prepared to talk (bore) about our chosen breed for hours :-D We know other breeders, we can talk about lineage (oh boy can we!), our animals are obviously beloved pets we happen to breed from so we discuss them as individual personalities. Visit and be prepared to walk away - expect to walk away. Good breeders aren't retail outlets.

:thumb:

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

But surely worth a signature? The petition is just short of 100,000 and if gets there it can be considered for a backbench debate so would get some publicity. Anything that might deter bad breeders could help just a little.

I know the buyers can't "know" it's the mother but they might get some kind of clue if mother and puppies seem close.

Key word being considered. The petitions are very rarely ever sent for an actual debate.

makes one or two buyers think twice

Anything which makes a buyer think twice can only be a good thing. Problem is there's already plenty of advice out there and somehow it still isn't getting through. The other side of that coin is that the con artists always talk a good story so I can see why buyers are deceived. Most of the advice does centre on the puppy or kitten being bought whereas it really should be the LAST thing a buyer is interested in. The mum being there isn't necessarily an indication of a caring breeder but admittedly it would help to be able to judge the relationship between the mum and the breeder. That's what would be important to me, not just her physical presence.

Edited by hightail