Mandatory Jobs and Careers Fair 2013

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning i went to my first mandatory Jobs and Careers Fair in town, it's a FREE event, yet the staff at the JC treated us like common criminals with their threats of sanctions if we didn't go to it, but that's not all, once we filled in a form (local council housing?), we had to have our name checked off from the JC register (or sanction list as i called it!), we were then given a piece of paper where we had to write down 5 employers that we've met today and what we did, this was also written with the threat of sanctions if we didn't comply! Don't forget, this is a FREE event and everyone is welcome...unless your unemployed ****!

75 stands of which 10 were any use to me, most were agencies that i've already signed up with, loads of colleges trying to entice 18-25 year olds to join, and only 4 proper companies looking to recruit people!

Didn't like the attitude of the DWP staff walking around asking random people if they've found anything useful yet!

Oh well, at least i got lots of free pens from it!

Get used to the future. Like I said in a previous thread, they are working towards removing all benefits.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

This morning i went to my first mandatory Jobs and Careers Fair in town

As you had been mandated to attend, hang on to the bus ticket and insist that the DWP refund it in full.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.