• Tweets

• Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Claim Form received- AK on MBNA debt - Advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Andyorch has you on his list for today :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get up to speed on your thread and were you are at.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The particulars of claim read as follows:

1.The claimant claims the sum of 5232.23 for debt and interest. On 26/08/02 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

2.On 31/08/12 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 4,873.34.

3.On 24/10/12 the debt of 4,873.34 was assigned to Aktiv Kapital portfolio As Oslo Zug Branch.

4.Notice of assignment was sent to the defendant in accordance with s136 Law of Property act 1925.

And the claimant claims

1. The sum of 4,873.34

2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum

from 24/10/12 to 25/9/13 358.89, & thereafter at a daily rate of 1.07 until judgement or sooner payment.

######Defence######

Paragraph 1 is admitted with regards to entering into an agreement with MBNA for credit facilities the agreement also included PPI which was unsuitable as I was self employed..

Paragraph 2 is admitted because MBNA were and still are in default of my section 78 request dated xxx xxxxx xxxx.MBNA did not serve a Default Notice.

Paragraph 3&4 are denied as yet the claimant has failed to serve a Notice of Assignment accordance with s136 Law of Property act 1925 and therefore yet to prove they are entitled to bring this claim.

On receipt of this claim I requested a further section 78 request from the claimant dated xxx xxxxxx xxxx sent recorded and delivery and signed for on the xxx xxxxx xxxxx.The claimant has yet to comply.

Furthermore on the xxx xxxx xxxxx I requested copies of the documents referred to in the claimants particulars of claim by way of a Civil Procedure Request 31. PD 14.The claimant has yet to respond.

On the xxx xxxx xxxx I requested extra time to submit my defence by way of a CPR 15.5 to enable the claimant to comply with the above requests.The claimant responded they are unable to serve the information at this time but agreed to an 14 days to submit my defence......to start after they have complied with my disclosure requests and not stating an agreed time for submission.

It is my contention that the claimant has acted this way to frustrate and confuse my submission date to enable themselves to attain a judgment by default.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Until such time the Claimant can comply with my request for a copy of the agreement/Default Notice it relies upon they are prevented from enforcing or requesting any relief as pursuant to the CCA 1974

By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief

Okay complete the dates marked xxxxxxxx and check for accuracy ...edit to suit if you are not happy with any of the above.

Copy and paste into MCOL and print a receipt of submission time dated.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Letter received today from Sols: "We write with reference to the above matter. as per your request, please find enclosed relevant documentation with regards to our clients claim. We look forward to receiving payment in full on or before 5th December]2013"

I wonder if the team could look at what they have sent and comment. Also advise as to how I should reply.

The photo copies they have sent of the application form are not good, I struggle to read it even with a magnifying glass, but see what you think.

Many thanks.

IRM

IRM, you might want to follow the instructions below and post your documents up as pdfs.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all personal info including barcodes etc. using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new message box here

hit go advanced below the message box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB: you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

Then hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is this supposed to be in response to your CPR or CCA request ?

BCOBS

Responding to your PM

What date was the agreement inception?

Regards

Andy

Well in my opinion its deficient in the respect that the signature area is not contained within the prescribed terms...assuming the second part is separate added to the fact that its is barley legible.

Well in my opinion its deficient in the respect that the signature area is not contained within the prescribed terms...assuming the second part is separate added to the fact that its is barley legible.

Thanks Andy. Yes I struggled to read it even with a magnifying glass! It does appear as though the terms are separate, if indeed they were there. How do you think I should reply to their letter?

IRM

You dont ....did you refer to it within your defence?

You referred to them being in default of your request now that they have complied then you expand within your witness Statement which will be a more particularised version of your defence of any deficiencies.

You referred to them being in default of your request now that they have complied then you expand within your witness Statement which will be a more particularised version of your defence of any deficiencies.

Ok many thanks Andy, so I guess I wait to see their next move?

I have also noticed something else about the claim form that I don't want to put on here, prying eyes etc., that may or may not be an issue for them.

IRM

• 5 months later...

UPDATE: A hearing date has been set for 12th June. I did apply for mediation through the mediation service, and have given numerous dates of availability, but last time I checked the other party had not been in contact with them, so I assume they want to press ahead, as they have paid the hearing fee. I have to now submit my documents to the court and the other party on which I rely. This is pretty urgent now as I have to submit by 13th May. I would appreciate any help as how best to word this. Do I now submit my amended defence? i.e. deficient agreement etc, PPI and charges etc.

IRM

No.... you submit your Witness Statement as per my post #67 above and standard disclosure is by way of the N265 (see Legal Library).

Regards

Andy

Yes your WS is your own words and particularises your Defence.....in depth

This is my Witness Statement. It's quite long! See what you think

IRM

WITNESS STATEMENT

1. I Ironroadman , am the Defendant in this action. I am a Litigant in Person and make the following statement as my witness statement in support of my defence to the claim made by Aktive Kapital Portfolio.

2. Except where otherwise mentioned in this defence, I neither admit nor deny any allegation made in the Claimant’s Particulars of Claim and put the Claimant to strict proof thereof.

3. The Defendant is embarrassed in pleading to the Particulars of Claim as it stands at present inter alia:-

(a) The Particulars of Claim are vague and insufficient and do not disclose an adequate statement of facts relating to or preceding the alleged cause of action. No particulars are offered in relation to the method by which the Claimant calculated any outstanding sums due, the details of any default notices issued or any other matters necessary to substantiate the Claimants claim.

(b) A copy of the purported written agreement that the Claimant cites in the Particulars of Claim, and which appears to form the basis upon which these proceedings have been brought, was not served with the Particulars of Claim.

© A copy of any evidence of both the scope and nature of any default, and proof of any amount outstanding on the alleged accounts, has not been served with the Particulars of Claim.

4. On 21st August 2009, the Defendant wrote to MBNA with a formal request under s.77 (1) of the Data Protection Act 1974, requesting a copy of his Credit Agreement. This letter was sent Recorded Delivery, and signed for on 24th August 2009. MBNA did not comply with the request, nor did MBNA serve a Default Notice.

5. MBNA assigned the debt to Aktiv Kapital on 24th October 2012, the Claimants failed to serve a Notice of Assignment in accordance with s136 Law of Property Act 1925 and are therefore yet to prove they are entitled to bring this claim.

6. Upon receipt of this claim, the Defendant requested a further section 78 request to the Claimant dated 2nd October 2013, sent Recorded Delivery, and signed for on 4th October 2013. Furthermore on 4th October 2013 the Defendant requested copies of the documents referred to in the claimants particulars of claim by way of a Civil Proceedure Request 31. PD 14.

7. On the 12th October 2013 the Defendant requested extra time to submit his Defence by way of CPR 15.5 to enable the Claimant to comply with the above requests.

The Claimant responded they were unable to serve the information at this time but agreed to another 14 days to submit his Defence …. to start after they had complied with the Defendants disclosure requests, and not stating an agreed time for submission.

It is the Defendants contention that the Claimant acted in this way to frustrate and confuse his submission date to enable themselves to attain a judgement by default.

8. On 25th November 2013 the Defendant received a letter from the Claimant

in response to his request for copies of the documents.

The document purporting to be the agreement that was sent (Document 1) is illegible and almost impossible to read. Under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act, section 78, the creditor, after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor, and on payment of the fee, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement, and any other document referred to in it. No documentation has been provided concerning the payment protection insurance, or any breakdown of how it is to be calculated.

Furthermore,

The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents regulations 1983 S2 (1) covers the legibility of notices and documents and wording of prescribed forms, and states:-

The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations

And in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the colour of the paper.

Furthermore, the agreement does not comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974, in regard to the prescribed terms.

The prescribed terms as defined by S60 of the Act for each part of the agreement must be shown separately & as required in Consumer Credit (Agreements) regulations 1983 (S1 1983/1553), amended by Consumer Credit (Agreements) (Amendments) regulations 2004 (S12004/1482).

The prescribed terms referred to are contained in schedule 6 column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (S1 1983/1553) and are inter alia:

A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit, a term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following—

1. Number of payments ;

2.Amount of repayments;

3. Frequency and timing of repayments;

4. Dates of repayments;

5. The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

9. The courts attention is drawn to the fact that where an agreement does not have the prescribed terms for each separate part of the agreement, as stated above, it is not compliant with section 60(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore it is not enforceable by Section 127(3) of the same Act.

10. So there should be no misunderstanding, it is noted that the agreement referred to by the Claimant would have commenced prior to the inception of the consumer Credit Act 2006. It is therefore regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 S127 as Schedule 3 S11 of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 prevents retrospective application of S15.

The court’s attention is also drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v-First County Trust (2003) All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (S1 1983/1553) and Consumer Credit (Agreements) (Amendment)

Regulations 2004 (S12004/1482) the agreement cannot be enforced by the court.

“Undoubtedly, as illustrated by the facts of the present case, section 127(3) may be drastic, even harsh, in its adverse consequences for a lender. He loses all his right under the agreement, including his rights to any security which has been lodged. Conversely, the borrower acquires what can only be described as a windfall. He keeps the money and recovers his security. These consequences apply just as much where a lender was acting in good faith throughout and the error was due to a mistaken reading of the complex statutory requirements as in the case of deliberate non-compliance’

In addition, there is case law from the Court of Appeal which confirms the prescribed terms must be contained within the body of the agreement and not in a separate agreement – the judgement of TUCKEY LJ in the case of Wilson v Hurstanger Ltd (2007) EWCA Civ 299:

“33 In my judgement the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirements under S61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127(3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest way mis-stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them. On the other hand, they are basic provisions, and the only question for the court is whether they are a true construction, included in the agreement. More detailed requirements, which are designed to ensure that the debtor is made aware, so far as possible, of specified information (iincluding information contained in the minimum terms) are to be found in Schedule 1”.

11. The Claimant is therefore put to strict proof that a compliant document exists.

12. Should the issue arise where the Claimant seeks to rely upon the fact that they can show that the Defendant has had benefit of the monies and therefore the Defendants are liable, reference is made to the judgement of Sir Andrew Morrit in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd – (2001) 3 All ER 229, (2001) EWCA Civ 633 in the Court of Appeal

’26. In effect the creditor – by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms --- must (in the light of the provisions in s65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift, of the loan moneys to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the monies in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid’

13. The Claimant is put to strict proof that any Default Notice sent to the Defendant was valid. To be valid, a default notice needs to be accurate in terms of both scope and nature of breach and include an accurate figure required to remedy any such breach. If the breach is capable of remedy , it must also specify a date not less than 14 days after the date of the service of the notice by which that action must be taken. The prescribed format for such a document is laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and termination Notices) (Amendment) regulations 2004 (S1 2004/3237).

14. The Defendant denies receipt of a default notice, and puts the Claimant to strict proof of date & method of mailing such.

Failure of a default notice to be accurate not only invalidates the default notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services v Swain and Co – (2001) GCCR2255) but is a unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the court enforcing any alleged debt, but would also give rise to a potential counterclaim for damages where damage occurs to the Defendants credit rating (Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society – (1996) 4 All ER 119)

15. On 21st August 2009 the Defendant submitted to MBNA a Subject Access Request under The Data Protection Act 1985, requesting statements relating to this account. This letter was sent Recorded Delivery, and signed for on 24th August 2009. This request to date has not been met by the claimant. The Defendant has reason to believe the amount cited in the claim may be based on the Claimants incorrect calculation & also include unlawful penalty charges. The Defendant therefore disputes the accuracy of the sum claimed.

CONCLUSION

16. Notwithstanding the fact that no valid credit agreement showing the prescribed terms which complies with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and subsequent Regulations made under the Act

And the fact that the agreement does not comply with S2 (1) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Document s) Regulations 1983

The Defendant respectfully requests the court to give consideration to striking out the Claimants case pursuant to CPR 3.4:

(2) The court may strike out a statement of case if it appears to the court-

(a) That the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending

(b) That the statement of case is an abuse of the court’s process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings; or

© That there has been failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.

17. If the court considers such action inappropriate, it is requested that the court orders the Claimant to produce an original legible credit agreement, which complies with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983, and The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

Without production of the requested documents the case cannot be dealt with justly and fairly, and will severely prejudice the defendants right to a fair trial as laid out under Article 6 of the Convention rights contained within the Human Rights act 1998.