Jacobs Certified bailiffs/ Enfield Council parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received a parking ticket via Enfield Council in November 2012 (by a sneaky warden, sniffing around on a saturday afternoon) for having 2 wheels on the side of a curb. The initial ticket was £50 (rose to £117 after 14 days) I challenged this, it got rejected. Then challenged the fact that I didn't receive all letter documentation through the post, again this got rejected. Therefore the council instructed Jacobs Bailiffs to recover the debt. The initial letter sent by Jacobs had a charge of £180, the 2nd letter £247.47 (which stated removal in 48 hrs), then the 3rd £317.47 (removal by 5pm). I cant afford to be paying such a ridiculous mark up, I even spoke to the bailiff to arrange a 2 part payment, they rejected and state the full amount is due in one. As my appeal was rejected the money is owed fair enough but the fees added are unreasonable.

I contacted the council to see if I can transfer debt to them, the declined. I then contacted the Traffic contr centre who stated I still can still submit an N244, even at this late stage. The bailiff stated that he will be submitting final paperwork on 04/10/2013 to remove goods/clamp car.

I cant pay £317.47 on friday, I can pay a portion but not all. At this stage can I submit an N244? Or is even worth the fee? Does it actually aid in stopping action?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

If you are thinking of submitting an N244 what reasons are you going to use. In the grand scheme of things it appears you did wrong as you appear to have been caught bang to rights. By comparison with others the money demanded may be seen as being reasonable.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To set aside the court order. Ideally I would prefer to settle charge directly with the council/TEC. I did also send a response stating that I hadn't received the charge certificate which I did not, however my appeal was rejected.

To set aside the court order. Ideally I would prefer to settle charge directly with the council/TEC. I did also send a response stating that I hadn't received the charge certificate which I did not, however my appeal was rejected.

To succeed you are going to need some grounds as to why the ticket should not have been issued in the first place. Applying just because you want to pay the Council will not work so not only would you lose your application fee but the chances are the sum demanded will rise also. Have the Council given you reasons why your appeal(s) have been rejected?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To succeed you are going to need some grounds as to why the ticket should not have been issued in the first place. Applying just because you want to pay the Council will not work so not only would you lose your application fee but the chances are the sum demanded will rise also. Have the Council given you reasons why your appeal(s) have been rejected?

Thanks for reply. Yes they did give reasons, they stated they did send out all documentation and that they had grounds to issue the ticket. I could end up paying more in the long run its seems, looks like I may have to bite the bullet. Dont want this hanging over my head for much longer.

Jacobs Certificated Bailiffs are a quality assured firm that provide a nationwide debt recovery service. Jacobs work for over 150 local authorities in the enforcement of unpaid debts.

of course we don't know how many councils use them for council tax and parking tickets but for a bailiff firm that only has 48 certificated bailiffs they sure do get around

Certificated Bailiff Register

48 items found, displaying 1 to 20

Jacobs Certificated Bailiffs are a quality assured firm that provide a nationwide debt recovery service. Jacobs work for over 150 local authorities in the enforcement of unpaid debts.

of course we don't know how many councils use them for council tax and parking tickets but for a bailiff firm that only has 48 certificated bailiffs they sure do get around

Certificated Bailiff Register

48 items found, displaying 1 to 20

They are touting for business in North Wales, but Conwy and Denbighsire councils won't have them yet as they now use in house bailiffs. They do operate here as one of them tried to levy my motor whilst I was parked opposite a debtor's house on the phone to the Community Council Clerk.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I had grounds to appeal it got rejected, money is owed, I accept that. Reasonable fees, again acceptable. Offering to pay 75% immediately of the total and the remaining in 5 days again is reasonable. Im not trying to dodge the fine. What is unacceptable is the unreasonable fees that have been added on by Jacobs and there unwillingness to be reasonable. They continue to add fees at will. Im now seeking legal advise and will complain via civea.

You are entitled to a breakdown of fees, which will itemise how much the bailiff has charged, and what for. Ask them to send one to you ASAP and let us know what it says. Someone here will soon tell you if the charges are incorrect.