Old Account

jscouser2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to have an old account with natwest had lots of charges etc! This was from about two years ago, because i was too overdrawn for myself to manage they then passed the account over to a debt collecters, who i now pay a sum each week to help repay the debt!

My old natwest account i am now unable to access online etc,

Would i still be able to reclaim all my charges from them still? Anyone know should i still go about sending them a DPA letter as normal. I am quite keen to retrieve my charges as this would be a very high amount for myself over £1000 Which is an awful lot of money for me!

Yes. It's been posted elsewhere that as long as it's within the 6 year period, you can claim charges back on closed accounts.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

It is important you read the FAQ's and around the forum so you get a full understanding of what you are about to undertake.If after spending a few days familerising yourself with the forum material you still have any questions not already been answered ( most have ) then you can come back to this thread and ask away .

Your present question has been asked many times

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I am have got an old account with natwest, that was closed because of unpaid overdraft. I am now contacting them to see if i can claim any fees back from them.

I hope all goes well. This is the letter i will be sending them

14th April 2006

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

SORT CODE:

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I am aware that it has been a while since i used my antwest account, i am actually unaware if it is still active, However would you please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my bank account since 01/09/04. Alternatively a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me then I shall be reclaiming them and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA disclosure fee.

Yours faithfully,

MODERATED can you please keep to the one thread when updating .This is for your benefit and the benefit of everyone following your claim.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks