Parking in a restricted area? Parking notice received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I work at a local hospital and got myself a motorcycle to commute.

iv been using the hospital bike shed for years with its code locked doors so security for bycycles is good

and thought using the same bike shed for my motorcycle was logical as its a secure location.

The bike shed is massive, they even store cleaning machines in there and they are always nearly empty except for about four or five bycycles.

Its been about two weeks of me locking my motorcycle in there with no problems as there is so much room.

But this evening there was a parking notice in a yellow plastic bag stuck on my tank.

There was no signs saying I couldnt park my motorcycle there only a sign saying park your bycycle at your own risk,

but it hadnt really crossed my mind at all that i couldnt park there?

Now this ticket is saying if I dont pay it will be handed to a registered debt recovery company.

the box where it says parking in a restricted area is ticked.

The ticket has the nhs foundation trust on it.

Any advice on this please as Im loath to pay as I work there and wasnt causing any obstruction at all.

Thanks in advance.

Are there any notices to say it is restricted?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So its basically an internal matter. Perhaps ask them for their policy on parking and ask where specifically is it mentioned that the bicycle shed is NOT an authorised parking area for motorcycles?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Im back with pics, ill try and post them here.[ATTACH=CONFIG]46702[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46701[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46700[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46703[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46704[/ATTACH]

So its basically an internal matter. Perhaps ask them for their policy on parking and ask where specifically is it mentioned that the bicycle shed is NOT an authorised parking area for motorcycles?

The signs clearly dont restrict certain things, in fact it could be seen as parking as well as bycicles?

goto HR and ask if there IS any restrictions on STAFF parking.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Who actually issued the parking infringement notice?

It will no doubt have the Trust name on it but I bet the issuer is a PPC and therefore it is an unenforceable invoice

I wouldn't park there again though and I'd invest the ridiculous invoice money in a quality disc lock

Thanks for your replies, but the guy that put it on is one of a few security men who just watch the grounds and call the police if needed. I won't use it again to park in but this effectively stops me using my bike on nights as you can imagine the late night revellers at A and E where the motorbike parking is located. I'm not keen on leaving it there on days either so looks like it's back to cycling! But thanks for your help, I won't be paying them, I'm just going to forget about it, cheers all.

pers i'd be seeing the management or trust or union.

you are staff you should be entitled to do it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...