Cash Choice/UK Alliance Taken Payment and Full Loan Amount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Yesterday Cash Choice, now known as UK Lenders Alliance took both the agreed payment of £51 from my account and the full balance of my loan with them at the same time.

Despite several calls to them and promises of the funds being returned to my account by midnight that night through Faster Payment, I've found myself now overdrawn and receiving text alerts from my bank regarding going over by 3:30pm.

I've repeatedly called their number since 8am to be constantly "timed out" during the call wait.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone might be aware if Cash Choice/UK Lenders Alliance has gone under or been shut down and in a fit to get as much back as possible robbed its customers.

I'm fuming that they've done this to me, I struggle as it is and this has now been the kick I really didn't need.

StripedTiger

Hi

Bit confused. Are you saying that you applied for a 6 month loan and instead of spreading out the payments, they have taken the whole amount of the loan (including interest) and an extra £51 (being your first payment)

I think a call(visit preferably) to your bank disputing the amount taken and see if they will reverse it and at the same time ask your bank to treat you fairly as this is an incident out of your control.

Cancel the CPA as well (if you haven't done so yet)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silver,

Thanks for the reply, to expand I'd been making regular payments to CC but due to circumstances beyond my control I found myself quite short, discussing this with them they agreed that a payment plan of £51.60 was the right way to go and that this would be taken out on the last working day of each month.

Fast forward to yesterday, both the first payment and the full amount due on my account was taken from my account. I spoke with them four times on the phone, promised each time my refund would be issued that day and they were "very, very sorry that this error occurred".

I've spoken with my bank, Natwest, who can see the £51.60 and the £209.90 but the larger amount was still pending on my account.

I've spoken finally after ringing about ten times to the same person I spoke with yesterday, made it very clear in firm language that they've failed to pay me and this must be with me before 3:30pm today. I suspect this wont work.

As a point I had already cancelled this authority, but I'll be making sure to cancel it again and insist on paying by cheque from now on. I'm also going to shove all of my money on my next pay into my savings account.

The bank should (I think) withhold the second payment as it was unauthorised (even though you gave the lender the CPA) as you have now informed the bank of this. If the bank does allow this through, you must complain (in writing) and get some form of receipt that they have received it.

I hope your savings account is not with the same bank. It has been known that where one account is overdrawn, a bank 'may' raid another account to bring the overdrawn account back into credit.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have you got anything in writing such as an email regarding your payment plan. The reason I ask is that if you dont get a refund from CC but you can prove to the bank that the amount they took was unauthorised when you dispute the payment written evidence from CC will go in your favour. That is what Lloyds told me when I had an issue and sure enough it worked!

Natwest has already expressed that the second they clear on my account I can reverse them immediately, I'm going to ask that authority be removed again.

Would having my card "lost" help me prevent them from getting anything else from me, I want to pay off what I owe but how they are operating.

If you cancelled the authority and the bank still allowed the transaction, then you need to contact the fca as the bank has broken the law

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D