Lost a month

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2610 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I bought a car in June of this year. There were a couple of delays before I could collect. However, the dealer taxed the car for me.

I have just noticed the tax disc will expire on 31/10/13 when in my opinion it should be 30/11/13. The date the tax disc was bought was 31/05/13 - the last day of May. I have lost out on a full month of tax.

In a nutshell, can I do anything about this?

Difficult without answers.

Had the original tax expired in May or April ?

How much is the tax for six months for this vehicle ?

How much would the tax have been for 12 months ?

Did you agree on six months tax upon purchase ?

The tax disc was supposedly for six months. This is on the invoice from the dealer. I only noticed it this morning. It clearly says that the disc was purchased on the 31st May, so why Would it not commence from June 1st - I did not collect it until 3rd June.

Hi,

I bought a car in June of this year. There were a couple of delays before I could collect. However, the dealer taxed the car for me.

I have just noticed the tax disc will expire on 31/10/13 when in my opinion it should be 30/11/13. The date the tax disc was bought was 31/05/13 - the last day of May. I have lost out on a full month of tax.

In a nutshell, can I do anything about this?

Unfortunately not as you have paid tax for the whole of May. If you had taxed it a day later, you would have been okay. I got "caught" the same way by not paying attention.