£5,000 Debt 8 different Agencies -HELP

AbigailLouise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in nearly £5,000 worth of debt with 8 different collection agencies.

Some of them being Lowell, Marlin, Quikcbridge BCW, Capquest.

I honestly don't know where to turn to for advice, so I am hoping someone on here could help?!?!

I have set up payment plans with a few of the companies

but many of them keep hounding me to up the payment

and even though I have sent them forms and proof or incoming and outgoing they wont let up.

I have heard about asking them for my contract,

can I do this?

If so how ?

What is the best course of action to take with them ?

2 out of my 8 creditors are the ever so "lovely" Lowell

One debt totals £848

The other £324

Both were opened in July 2009 and since then they have been hounding me for a payment,

I originally set one up but due to loosing my job I stopped the repayments and the constant phone calls and letters off them made me bury my head in the sand

I recently got myself into gear and decided to set up a payment plan (again)

I set up a plan of £5 pm for each (all I could afford) to which I got a phone call from a woman who "bullied" me into pay £22 pm

I tried to explain to her my incomings and outgoing but she stated I have enough to pay £22 a month ( I obviously don't need to eat or buy a winter coat)

I have never really been one to look up debt advice and ask for help

but I feel I need to know as I don't know what to do.

I know I should have asked them for my credit agreement with both companies

... is it to late to ask for them now ?

I am just so clueless !!

Any help would be appreciated no matter how big or small :-)

Right lets see... They "Bullied" you...

Lowell are awful... OFT Guidelines state they are to accept your payment offer... If £5 is all you can pay, then thats all you can do... Cancel the payment plan and pay by standing order!!!!

Get their account details and make payment with references etc....!!!!

You cannot let them run you, you can control this...

Write a letter to them stating that your payment of £5 per month will be made by SO and its all youll be making towards it on a monthly basis.

The store card... Does it have any charges on it??? You can reclaim those... Im thinking a CCA request may be required.

This means firing off a £1 Postal Order to them with CCA Request only written on the back. This wont work for the mobile account though.

Ive gone into overload here.... :) but we want to help and thank you for accepting the advice on writing a thread per debt :(

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ok so first off I would not be conversing with Lowell on the phone.

If it were me I would do everything in writing from now on.

Secondly, you pay them what you can afford, not what they tell you you have to pay.

I see from your other thread that you have other debts and it seems that you want to address them.

There is no point in sending a request for the agreement for the phone contract under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act because it is a service contract and not a credit agreement.

If it were me I would send a CCA request to Lowell for the store card to see what they have. There is a template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. The cost s £1 and they will have 12+2 working days to comply.

Have you done a detailed Income and Expenditure Account? If not I would suggest that you sit down and do one so that you know exactly what disposable income you have to go towards your debts.

Have you had a look at your credit file recently? If so do all of your dents show?

For the store card, do you have all of the statements? Is there any PPI on there which you could reclaim or any penalty charges which you could reclaim. Both of these could reduce the debt.

Ok so I am literally backed up into a corner with this.

I am in nearly £5,000 worth of debt with 8 different collection agencies. Some of them being Lowell, Marlin, Quikcbridge BCW, Capquest.

I honestly don't know where to turn to for advice, so I am hoping someone on here could help?!?!

I have set up payment plans with a few of the companies but many of them keep hounding me to up the payment and even though I have sent them forms and proof or incoming and outgoing they wont let up.

I have heard about asking them for my contract, can I do this? If so how ?

What is the best course of action to take with them ?

A CCA request costs £1 they DCA has 12 + 2 working days to send a copy of the agreement, a current statement and any docs mentioned in the agreement. Use the template from the CAG library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: