IDS wants tougher regime for ESA claimants

estellyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And benefit claimants are being attacked by George Osborne as per http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/30/george-osborne-jobless-benefit-conservatives Seems slavery is still alive and kicking. What will happen to carers when all their caring job are taken over by the jobless. Will they be made redundant? What if the jobless person has a criminal record even though it is a minor one?

IMHO the Conservatives should be doing more to bring investment into the country so that more jobs can be created instead of investing £20 billion in a system that is failing. Definitely not voting for them the next time round even though I have been a Conservative voter all my life! Problem is that Labour is totally useless and the the root of the current problem so no go there either. No interest in Liberals so that leaves UKIP?

UKIP? Well, it depends, I suppose. I mean, if you disagree with the Tories welfare reform policies, I would not expect UKIP to be any more liberal on the matter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

UKIP? Well, it depends, I suppose. I mean, if you disagree with the Tories welfare reform policies, I would not expect UKIP to be any more liberal on the matter.

Which makes it more difficult deciding. Maybe vote for the Raving Loony party, but then on second thoughts they are already in power! :wink:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/30/iain-duncan-smith-sick-disabled-benefits

Did anyone notice this in paragraph 3

The powers being discussed in the seven pages of official guidance – addressed to Duncan Smith – also include forcing sick and disabled people to take up offers of work. If those with serious but time-limited health conditions refuse the offer, DWP staff would then have the power to strip them of their benefits
Emmm !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

IMHO the Conservatives should be doing more to bring investment into the country so that more jobs can be created instead of investing £20 billion in a system that is failing. Definitely not voting for them the next time round even though I have been a Conservative voter all my life! Problem is that Labour is totally useless and the the root of the current problem so no go there either. No interest in Liberals so that leaves UKIP?

UKIP ? I do not think so! So far to the right they make the conservatives look communist:-)

I was thinking of voting UKIP as I'm not going to vote for the three main parties. Unfortunately, UKIP didn't hang around in showing me the error of my ways. I'll be looking for an Independent instead ...

(Not that it'll make any difference as the coalition accounts for 95% of the vote in my area).

First it is made harder to be found unfit for work due to illness or disability. Now IDS wants to take people who have already managed to jump through all of the ludicrous hoops and be found unfit for work.......and make them work!

Surely only idiots see that the welfare system is no longer about helping people, but is about finding as many reasons for sanctioning a claimant as possible.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I was thinking of voting UKIP as I'm not going to vote for the three main parties. Unfortunately, UKIP didn't hang around in showing me the error of my ways. I'll be looking for an Independent instead ...

(Not that it'll make any difference as the coalition accounts for 95% of the vote in my area).

Did they threaten to send you to bongo-bongo land?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Did they threaten to send you to bongo-bongo land?

:madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

It wouldn't surprise me If the Nasty party did win the next general election out right ?

They would start making it a lot harder for people to get in the Support group of ESA and a lot more people who are currently in SG end up in WRAG !

:mad2:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Are there any parties worth voting for now?

I dunno. I like the Greens, and they have one more MP than UKIP. Trouble is, they don't usually run candidates in my area.

I suppose I'm in a new area now, so it could be different here in West Lothian.

I dunno. I like the Greens, and they have one more MP than UKIP. Trouble is, they don't usually run candidates in my area.

I suppose I'm in a new area now, so it could be different here in West Lothian.

I would Vote for the Orange people any day :rockon:

I would Vote for the Orange people any day :rockon:

Yeah, I wasn't planning to stand for Parliament myself :razz:

But where's this work? And who really wants to employ someone who is a liability?

Personally, I reckon I'd be a cherished and well-loved asset for ANY company... for anything up to 5 minutes. :wink: Then, I'd probably have to sleep the rest of the day, coz the commute would pretty much kill me.

:madgrin: