Lowells Chasing Statute Barred Debt

suemumof3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has received a letter from Lowlifes today for an overdraft on an Abbey National account from (if memory serves me correctly) about 10 years ago. It tells us that the account (which was joint with me) was opened in 1998 and I know we didn't have the account when we moved 9 years ago. Hubby is invited to call them to discuss clearing this account (which I thought was very kind of them lol) and that they used his credit file to obtain his address.

How should we respond? There is no way on Gods green earth that any movement has occurred on this account within the last 6 years but looking at other posts fear reprisals due to their aggressive tactics!:???:

Just send them the statute barred letter and it is up to Lowell to prove otherwise.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Once you have sent the letter, then it is up to Lowell to look into this and to reply. I suspect that they will just confirm it is statute barred and they will close their files. Per OFT debt collection rules, once you have advised them the debt is statute barred and you don't want to be contacted, they will have to stop.

The OFT allows DCA' s to write to people about old SB'd debts, but once they have been told to stop by the debtor, they have to stop collection activity.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just send them the statute barred letter and it is up to Lowell to prove otherwise.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Once you have sent the letter, then it is up to Lowell to look into this and to reply. I suspect that they will just confirm it is statute barred and they will close their files. Per OFT debt collection rules, once you have advised them the debt is statute barred and you don't want to be contacted, they will have to stop.

The OFT allows DCA' s to write to people about old SB'd debts, but once they have been told to stop by the debtor, they have to stop collection activity.

Good advice given as always, ask for all proof of debts as above, and then take it from their.wendyboats xx:-)