Domestic & General & Hoover Appliance Cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Hoover Washer Dryer that's around 5 years old and have extended warranty with Domestic and General.

I have nothing but problems with the appliance and it breaks down regularly.

I have known it to break down within a few days, a few weeks and a few months

so its fairly inconsistent but very annoying and time consuming.

It always seems to be the drier that breaks down, its had new wiring, thermostats, and god knows how many fan motors

yet when they are replaced something else will go wrong not long down the line.

Although Domestic and General agree to repair every time this happens,

I'm now at the end of my tether having to be available and having to take time off work to be in for Hoover Candy to come and repair it.

I have complained on numerous occasions that I feel the machine is not fit for purpose and the parts aren't keeping the machine in good working order.

I get nowhere when I complain.

I'm told the machine can only be replaced if the machine is unrepairable ( it is repairable, but it's only a temporary fix) and they will look into it if it breaks down again!

next break down happens then I'm told they wont replace it till and Engineer has been out,

so the Engineer comes, fixes it, I call to complain and then I'm told they wont consider it getting replaced until it breaks down!!

Surely, it gets to a stage by which they say, hang on, this has had roughly 20 repairs in a 2 year period!

it must be causing lots of inconvenience to the customer and its costing us more to send someone out now than it is to replace it.

They dont see my point. It's not normal for an appliance to break down that many times surely.

Can anyone advise as to what I can do to make them agree to a replacement?

Its driving me mad and I'm not taking another day off for it.

It will break down again.

Thanks in advance

Suggest you write/email Domestic & General and draw to their attention,

that as the appliance has been repaired 20 times in 2 years,

the loss to their company must be substantial,

and the time you have been inconvenienced is becoming unacceptable.

Surely it would be sensible for both parties to replace the obviously badly made Washer/Dryer.

This is the route I took a few years ago with Domestic & General and they agreed and replaced the item.

Warn you it will cost you about £70 if they replace the W/machine,which they will call Delivery and Administration.

Have you written to Hoover Customer Services?

FS

shame you wasted money on that extended warranty

you should have gone back to the retailer under SOGA

you would have had a new machine long ago.

and for FREE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Suggest you write/email Domestic & General and draw to their attention,

that as the appliance has been repaired 20 times in 2 years,

the loss to their company must be substantial,

and the time you have been inconvenienced is becoming unacceptable.

Surely it would be sensible for both parties to replace the obviously badly made Washer/Dryer.

This is the route I took a few years ago with Domestic & General and they agreed and replaced the item.

Warn you it will cost you about £70 if they replace the W/machine,which they will call Delivery and Administration.

Have you written to Hoover Customer Services?

FS

hi, thanks for the reply. I did write to them a while back with all the points including the ones you mentioned but they always call you, never write back.

They keep repeating the same thing whenever I contact them! they will only replace the appliance if it's unrepairable. they do seem to understand why I'm frustrated

But won't actually do anything.

They told me today when I called that it is a repair plan and that's what they have done, repaired it, which they have, but it's only ever a temporary solution.

The engineer that comes out is a senior one which I ask for every time now, it's the same guy. he came out last October and stripped the whole thing down and replaced lots of " old parts"

Which seemed to run it ok for a while but it failed again after about 5 months. Again, the dryer!

I haven't written to Hoover Candy no, will they even listen though now with the machine being 5 yrs old? They have a free parts policy for up to 5 years so D&G won't be paying for those till recently. Hoover will have covered the cost, it's labour they pay for I think.

shame you wasted money on that extended warranty

you should have gone back to the retailer under SOGA

you would have had a new machine long ago.

and for FREE

dx

Hi sorry, I think I may have been misleading as to what I have cover for. it's not extended warranty with the retailer , it's repair plan with D&G ,

I'm covered for 5 appliances and they will cover the cost of repairs for any of the listed appliances when breakdown occurs.

Due to the amount of repairs I've had with the washer/dryer I feel it should now be replaced as it never runs smoothly for more than 3/4 months at its best, 3/4 weeks at worst. sorry for the confusion.

Understand Domestic & General and the Service Plan you have in place.suggest you email ([email protected]) he is the group chief executive raise the issue you have regarding the 20 call outs in 2 years,the huge inconvenience you have experienced and the loss this machine must have caused Domestic & General over the period in question.

Question, as you have 5 appliances covered,is this their multi-plan? if so I believe they will only pay up to £200 replacement value

dx100uk point is very valid, Sale of Goods Act ( SOGA) covers you in general up to 6 years,

FS

Understand Domestic & General and the Service Plan you have in place.suggest you email ([email protected]) he is the group chief executive raise the issue you have regarding the 20 call outs in 2 years,the huge inconvenience you have experienced and the loss this machine must have caused Domestic & General over the period in question.

Question, as you have 5 appliances covered,is this their multi-plan? if so I believe they will only pay up to £200 replacement value

dx100uk point is very valid, Sale of Goods Act ( SOGA) covers you in general up to 6 years,

FS

Hi, I've just looked at my documents and yes it's a multiplan. I was never advised about a £200 replacement value though. It's not in any of my paperwork. I originally had 2 plans, 1 for my sky box and another for the washer dryer. they offered me a plan where I could add another 3 appliances to the plan and it was only an extra couple of pounds a month.

I do now know it only covers appliances till they are 8 years old because I asked the question but I thought repair plan worked like that in general. The engineer told me they cover older appliances so I wondered why they told me 8 yrs. I'll be complaining about that too if they've missold me.

Thanks for the email address. I'm waiting for a phone call from them on Monday as they said they would speak to Hoover to see if there were multiple part replacements and to see if they can help me anymore. I'm not holding my breath.

Just wanted to say thanks for the email address! It has worked.

I sent an email last night and had a phone call today from Customer Care

to say they will be replacing my machine and they were in complete agreeance with me.

also wanted to let you know that multiplan does cover you on a new for old basis so I'll be getting a full value replacement.

They have even offered to send me a cheque to choose my own machine as I expressed that I didn't want another Hoover !

Awaiting another call with details of what happens next....very pleased!

Thanks again for your help

hey great result

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

Domestic and General and Hoover Candy

Firstly I will never trust each of these companies again

Both consistently bat you from one another in there attempts to resolve issues

I stupidly brought an extended warranty from D and G in May 2010 and had trouble pretty much from the first few months

The following list - not to bore you to much - highlight issues I encountered

Faulty Heating Pump - 2 times

Faulty Motor - 3 Times

Faulty Rubber Seal - 3 Times

Faulty washing tray - 2 Times

Worse of all is the D and General "HELP LINE" Laughable.... which places you on hold for 25 minutes plus, in an exceptional busy period 9.15am Monday morning!!! to be answered by a stroppy - poor people - CS Adviser who informs me that the earliest they can get to me is 4/5 Days and I have to take time off work

Just a word of advised people

Choose your product carefully - - DO NOT BUY FROM A TELEPHONE LINE

Choose a place where you can go and make a fuss - Retailers do not like this!!

Choose A QUALITY MAKE - You get what you pay for!

And as above in a previous thread... Use SOGA

To help you as these companies are not regulated by an insurer

In short, stay away from DOMESTIC AND GENERAL and HOOVER/CANDY

ps... My latest attempt to complain was 24 March 2014 Where I was put on hold for 28 minutes and the Operative From Brighton ended my call...

Well done guys!!! Keep uo the work!!

• 5 months later...

I have just noticed this thread and have a question.

I am going through something similar with D &G about upgrading my policy to a multiplan and then not being told it doesn't replace the items when it can't be fixed anymore. I too have a Hoover washer dryer which frequently goes wrong, always the dryer. I have never been sent the new documents and am sure I was never told about the changes when I took out the new policy.

Can I ask why they then changes their mind that a new washer dryer was part of your policy when they had told you it wasn't?

Thanks

HI welcome,D&G have been offering multi-plans for some time and the downside is many of these upgrades will not cover the replacement element of the policy,so I assume you covered the washing machine under a single policy under which they would semi replace your machine if they could no longer repair it.I say semi replace because you have to pay around £70 admin and transportation costs for the replacement machine.

When did you take out the multi-plan?

FS

I guess the one appliance that breaks down most often is the washing machine,so it would appear your contract with D&G on multi-plan is due to expire,assuming it is a 1 year contract which is the norm:Perhaps you may consider dropping the multi-plan and go back to the washing machine contract only,the choice is up to you

FS

• 1 month later...

Just had dealings with Domestic and General, worse company ever

insured Dishwasher with them after persuaded by there Rep as I was after a repair,

he recommended the insurance plan but was told if the machine was unrepairable after engineer visit the policy would be cancelled

the machine was found to be unrepairable by the engineer from Bosch

I contacted Domestic and General to tell them this and asked them what next they conformed cancellation

and in due course I canceled my Direct Debit,

I have now received a Invoice for £148.00 for the engineer visit,

my beef is their lack of information and care as a company, as the machine was declared un-repairable

I bought a replacement and low and behold the warranty is with Domestic and General

Bosch where is your sense using this company.

A very unhappy Bosch Customer and Domestic and General are the worst company ever.

2 things,

These policys are a waste of money because the SOGA has you covered for free up to 6 years. This is THE LAW.

Secondly, always buy from a reputable store and by reputable I do not mean Currys because they are the worse for helping you when things go wrong. Personally I like Costco or John Lewis, both offer a 5 year warranty as standard and is hassle free when things go wrong.