Debt Managers (Services) / Arrow

zimbob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAGland

In early August I received a letter from DMS stating

'we have negotiated a range of special discount terms with a number of our clients,

and your overdue account may qualify for a discount....' and tells me how to pay.

This was the first time I had heard of DMS and the letter states that Arrow is their client who are after money for a credit card.

I had a card with the bank named in the letter, but there was no account number in the letter. I have never dealt with Arrow before either.

I promptly fired off the CCA letter to DMS and the £1 fee.

Now, a month after sending it I received a letter from Arrow with the postal order attached.

They say they notice the address in my letter differs to the address they have on record,

and can only write to me when my address has been verified.

All a bit odd considering their client DMS wrote to me first.

My gut feeling is send off the complaint/account in dispute letter to DMS,

and ignore Arrow as I have no intention of sending them a copy of a bank statement or bill.

What do you guys think I should do?

Hi CAGland

In early August I received a letter from DMS stating 'we have negotiated a range of special discount terms with a number of our clients, and your overdue account may qualify for a discount....' and tells me how to pay. This was the first time I had heard of DMS and the letter states that Arrow is their client who are after money for a credit card. I had a card with the bank named in the letter, but there was no account number in the letter. I have never dealt with Arrow before either.

I promptly fired off the CCA letter to DMS and the £1 fee. Now, a month after sending it I received a letter from Arrow with the postal order attached. They say they notice the address in my letter differs to the address they have on record, and can only write to me when my address has been verified. All a bit odd considering their client DMS wrote to me first.

My gut feeling is send off the complaint/account in dispute letter to DMS, and ignore Arrow as I have no intention of sending them a copy of a bank statement or bill.

What do you guys think I should do?

I do find that a bit odd to be honest... hmmm Lets see here...

If they are not willing to deal with you via post if they cant confirm the address tell them where to go ...

Whos the debt from? Any payments been made in the last 6 years?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Its just a discount letter. Ignore it.

As for the arrow letter, again, ignore it. Theyre phishing and hope you give them info to fill out the debt details.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

make SURE arrows are not mentioned on your CRA file

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

make SURE arrows are not mentioned on your CRA file

see below

dx

Thanks. You lot are excellent.

It appears too be what I thought.

I have paid the bank in question within the last 6 years, but I'm reasonably sure they were paid off in full.

With regard to checking the CRA file, it scares the * out of me as I've been living credit free since late 2008 and I've been making like an ostrich since. :/

One other question,

my partner is wanting to take out a mobile phone contract for me next month.

If I start looking at my CRA file will it leave a footprint that can in anyway affect his application?

We're at the same address....

nope

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I checked Noddle and there is an entry by Lowells for an account by the bank mentioned above that Arrow and DMS are chasing,

and Lowell have marked it as defaulted in 2009.

Lowell have never contacted me for this.

I have also received two letters from Lowell and First Credit saying I owe Barclays money

(2 different account numbers, I only had one Barclay card but paperwork ...with the wind)

but Noddle shows, as I knew it would, that Barclays were paid off in 2009.

Also, I have a agreement to pay HBSC off through their DCA but HSBC have been marking my file as defaulted each month.

Can they do this as they no longer own the debt? I've kept up the agreed payments.

Sometimes I think I would be better off living in Zim.

I've already had to leave a job because I failed a credit check (being in debt does not make you a thief) and I dunno.

Waffle and * as * I've been living credit free for a few years and.

.. I don't know...

rant over

I checked Noddle and there is an entry by Lowells for an account by the bank mentioned above that Arrow and DMS are chasing,

and Lowell have marked it as defaulted in 2009. - prob defaulted then sold by the OC , lowells would then be listed against any entries]

Lowell have never contacted me for this.

I have also received two letters from Lowell and First Credit saying I owe Barclays money

(2 different account numbers, I only had one Barclay card but paperwork ...with the wind) - it this the debt being chased by DMS?

but Noddle shows, as I knew it would, that Barclays were paid off in 2009. - it this the debt being chased by DMS?

Also, I have a agreement to pay HBSC off through their DCA but HSBC have been marking my file as defaulted each month.

Can they do this as they no longer own the debt? I've kept up the agreed payments. - be better to start its own thread

Sometimes I think I would be better off living in Zim.

I've already had to leave a job because I failed a credit check (being in debt does not make you a thief) and I dunno.

Waffle and * as * I've been living credit free for a few years and.

.. I don't know...

rant over

dx

and they

The alleged debt being chased by DMS is RBS and they've gone very quiet since my postal order was returned

- I know it's only been a week though.

I've set Sunday aside to pull out the boxes of paperwork to see what I can find about that account as I'm sure it was satisfied,

and nothing shows on Noddle.

I'm totally confused about the Barclays thing.

What I owed was a small amount and I paid if off in full directly to them, which does show on my credit report.

It's like the DCA's have clubbed together to dredge up old stuff I thought was under control, and I'm getting my angry up about it.

I have a year to go until all these accounts are statute barred and I can't wait.

I'll start the HSBC thing off elsewhere.

Thanks for your help

Care needed Noddle uses '2nd hand' data and is not always up to date.

Check Experian and/or Equifax to confirm.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: