On street Loading Bay ok for Private Cars ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Is it ok for private vehicles to use on street loading bays when loading large boxes in & out of a shop approx 25 feet away ? ...there is no other parking available within a sensible distance.

I just got a terrible load of verbal from a taxi driver who said its only for commercial vehicles.

If it was ok for me to load/unload from a private vehicle ..his abuse was so intense I would like to complain to the local taxi licensing officer about his behaviour.

Thanks

Roy

if you are unloading/loading matters not what type of vehicle you are

obv don't park there for longer than you should mind to do the job.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds like the taxi driver wanted to use it himself.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

taxi drivers think they own the roads,

I had a load of abuse off one today for telling him not to park in a pedestrian crossing at asdas in Clydebank

,everyone was having to dodge cars as no one could see because of this moron,

I took a few pictures of him parked on the crossing with my mobile phone,

theyre licensed by the council so Ill see what they say monday when I go down there!

They Wont do anything. ITs a private car park and any lines on the road are purely graffiti

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It was a pedestrian crossing, wasn't it?

Back to the first query though - you can unload there unless it is restricted further (see post 3). Anything saying it's for "commercial vehicles" only?

I suspect the taxi driver wanted to use it as a parking space, making him in the wrong, not you! Remember these guys are at work - it's unlikely he'll do anything other than shout from the safety of his car.

I

I suspect the taxi driver wanted to use it as a parking space, making him in the wrong, not you! Remember these guys are at work - it's unlikely he'll do anything other than shout from the safety of his car.

I think not

I had one cut me up yesterday when picking up a quick fare, levaing me stranded within a yellow box junction. When I got him out of his cage of safety a few seconds later with some continuous use of the horn, he played the 'stay away !' card with his hands a few cms from my face, for any camera in the vicinity to see, believing that I might be seen as somehow in the wrong should it go to court.

I'm just over 1.6m high and weigh 54kgs, but I would have loved to have taken out a finger or two with my previous self-defence backing, but I backed off and took the plate number and number plate detail, the helmet camera taking the rest of the incident from start to finish.

What an utter idiot. Problem is, they are growing in number, is there a website that allows downloads of such incidents ?

Could always throw it up on youtube.

There are accounts there dedicated to things like you experienced.