Contract information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work at a golf club and I'm employed full time and have a contract of employment along with other members of staff. At a recent club AGM a member asked for specific details to be divulged to the meeting at which the secretary then obliged and gave out my contract information. Has he breached the terms of my contract by doing this?

What kind of sickness benefit?

I can see that you are owed a duty of confidentiality, but I can also see that the club members have legitimate reasons to know about the club's finances. You are going to need to provide more details if you want helpful advice!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I can see how it might appear not much of a big deal but it's the principal of the thing, I'm a British tax payer but that doesn't entitle me to look at government workers contracts. In a golf club the secretary is the 'employer'.

It sounds like that is not personal information about you specifically, rather it is general information about the standard employment terms of all club employees. It is a very detailed request but I would think that club members with an interest in the club's finances should be entitled to know about the standard benefits offered to employees.

I think you are entitled to know the standard employment terms of most government workers. As far as I'm aware payscales, details of pension scheme, details of benefits etc. are all publicly available or can be requested through a Freedom of Information Act request. For example it is not difficult to find out how much a nurse or an army corporal gets paid and what benefits they are entitled to. What you can't get is information about specific individuals.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS