• Tweets

• Thanks HB, much appreciated. Although not prison is a criminal record likely or is it typically a fine?    Yes, first offence.    Does the process take long, just wondering I long I can expect this to hang over me. 
    • So we see the two large and swift Sea level rises  with the earlier one bang on the nose datewise   We see the layout of the world around the straights and Azores circa 10,000 bce   So what else are we looking for   A 'nesos' larger than Libya and Asia   Large fertile plain with a small 'mountain' "Bordering on the sea and extending through the center of the whole island there was a plain, which is said to have been the fairest of all plains and highly fertile; and, moreover, near the plain, over against its center, at a distance of about 50 stades, there stood a mountain that was low on all sides " " all those sweet-scented stuffs which the earth produces now, whether made of roots or herbs or trees, or of liquid gums derived from flowers or fruits. The cultivated fruit [i.e., of the vine] also, and the dry [i.e., corn], which serves us for nutriment, and all the other kinds that we use for our meals--the various species of which are comprehended under the name ‘vegetables’--and all the produce of trees"   Elephants/mammoths - Lots of animals (migration path) " n abundance all the timbers that a forest provides for the labors of carpenters; and of animals it produced a sufficiency, both of tame and wild. Moreover, it contained a very large stock of elephants; for there was an ample food-supply not only for all the other animals which haunt the marshes and lakes and rivers, or the mountains or the plains, but likewise also for this animal, which of its nature is the largest and most voracious. "         Atlas' siblings realm was Facing  Cadiz 'toward' the straights " when he had divided all the island of Atlantis into ten portions, he assigned to the first-born of the eldest sons his mother's dwelling and the allotment surrounding it, which was the largest and best; and him he appointed to be king over the rest, and the others to be rulers, granting to each the rule over many men and a large tract of country. And to all of them he gave names, giving to him that was eldest and king the name after which the whole island was called and the sea spoken of as the Atlantic, because the first king who then reigned had the name of Atlas. And the name of his younger twin-brother, who had for his portion the extremity of the island near the pillars of Herakles up to the part of the country now called Gadeira after the name of that region "     Copper and gold mines the island itself furnished most of the requirements of daily life,--metals, to begin with, both the hard kind and the fusible kind, which are extracted by mining, and also that kind which is now known only by name but was more than a name then, there being mines of it in many places of the island,--I mean orikhalkon (mountain-copper)     autokhthones -       * So its not likely to be a purely coastal area such as the sunken lands off Cadiz are likely to have been   * Its away from the straights past the Gaderius realm   * It has a large plain which seems to be on a migratory path including elephants/mammoths (viable until ... circa 11,000bce)   * It has extensive woods/forests   * It has mines for copper and gold at least          
    • This is a very common situation I'm afraid and the reason why a visit would need to be made (before a payment proposal could be accepted) is outlined under Item 7.3 of the Explanatory Memorandum supporting the Taking Control of Goods Fees Regulations 2014 which states as follows:     http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1/pdfs/uksiem_20140001_en.pdf      
    • and what reason should i give for choosing my local county court in question D1?
    • OK - will do - have to go out this morning and will try FCA this afternoon.  Just to clarify -   I will say to FCA - Abbey Life have advised me to refer to them.  I would like assistance on how to find Thermatic Review 16/7. ( I will explain I have asked Abbey what they have input to arrive at their calculations.)   Thank you.
  • Our picks

outlawla

What's all this nonsense about a conflict of interest? Capita / Equita

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2154 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

OPPOSITION councillors have expressed fears over a potential conflict of interest at the heart of one of the controversial One Barnet contracts.

Just weeks after the £320million customer and support group contract with outsourcing firm Capita came into force,

lawyers acting on behalf of bailiff firms Newlyn Collections Services Ltd and Phoenix Commercial Collections Ltd

– which have been carrying out services for the council since 2005

– said they were considering seeking a court order against the authority and Capita....

Capita will try to kill their contracts off and put Equita and Ross 'n robbers in their place.

Capita are now too big and diverse to avoid serious conflicts of interest.

they are a cancer at the heart of government and must be wound up, or split up.

They are a 21st Century Uk dystopian version of the corrupt all powerful runs everything corporation OCP. Robot bailiff droid to debtor.

"hand over your money, you have 20 seconds to comply!"

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The "Barnet" contract was going wrong about 2 months ago and as strange as it might seem, I do hope that a legal challenge is brought by lawyers representing Newlyn & Phoenix as there is something not right at all in the way in which most local authorities that outsource their council tax departments to Capita strangely find that the preferred bailiff company just so happen to be none other than either Equita Ltd or Ross & Roberts...... both of whom are wholly owned by CAPITA !!!

I love the comment that:

"Capita has guaranteed collection rates for council tax and one of the ways they are able to do this is by having confidence in their supply chain"

and further that:

"These proposals were clear throughout the bid process and are covered in contract".

http://www.barnet-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=33120&headline=Bailiffs%20fighting%20eviction

The "Barnet" contract was going wrong about 2 months ago and as strange as it might seem, I do hope that a legal challenge is brought by lawyers representing Newlyn & Phoenix as there is something not right at all in the way in which most local authorities that outsource their council tax departments to Capita strangely find that the preferred bailiff company just so happen to be none other than either Equita Ltd or Ross & Roberts...... both of whom are wholly owned by CAPITA !!!

I love the comment that:

"Capita has guaranteed collection rates for council tax and one of the ways they are able to do this is by having confidence in their supply chain"

and further that:

http://www.barnet-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=33120&headline=Bailiffs%20fighting%20eviction

"These proposals were clear throughout the bid process and are covered in contract".

If these council officials, councillors and Capita executives were City traders, they would be on their way to Wormwood Scrubs for a holiday for insider dealing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This statement is brilliant.

Firstly, what the hell is meant by "having confidence in the supply chain"

Next.....an FOI request is on it's way for further details of the "guaranteed collection rates"

Notice the statement that "one of the ways" they can guarantee collection rates" ( is to have confidence in the supply chain)

It is noteworthy that Capita have failed to say anything about the other ways in which they can "guarantee collection rates" and that this is achieved by charging an unlawful "enforcement fee" to unsuspecting debtors before a levy has ever been made !!!

tomtubby, they will claim the way they can guarantee results is to use Equita and Ross 'n Robbers, and as you say charge and frontload all fees before the first visit, then stonewall and get all medieval (bully threaten and cajole as would the Sheriff of Nottingham after more taxes) on the debtors.

I am of course being cynical here but supposing that Newlyn & Phoenix Commercial were able to "sort" out their differences with Barnet and it was agreed that Barnet would use all three enforcement companies (Equita, Newlyn & Phoenix) then what is to stop Capita from "cherry picking " which warrants to assign to each company !!!

For example, with "address filtering" facilities it would be simple to "filter" out warrants that had addresses with predominately local authority housing and benefit claimants and with traffic debt warrants, it would be simple to "filter out" warrants that had old vehicle registration numbers or "multiple warrants" for "repeat" offenders.

In that way Capita "could" assign the "difficult" to collect warrants to Newlyn or Phoenix and keep back the ones with "good" post codes and high value vehicles for Equita to enforce. If challenges were raised by the district auditor Capita could very likely provide "evidence" that their own bailiff provider had a significantly better return rate than the other bailiff providers!!

There is of course NO EVIDENCE that such underhand practice goes on and as I said earlier...I am just being cynical.

@ Tomtubby..Your cynicism is very tongue in cheek, I think your assumptions would be closer to the truth than Capita would like.

I was "gagging" as I typed my post but I did have a mouthful of peanuts at the time so that COULD be the reason !!