Jump to content


House Problems, temp accomodation?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2121 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

This is really 2 issues


1. We were offered a house my sister was renting. It has damp and electrical problems, landlord hasn't fixed for two years and we were due to move in but not with the issues. My sister is tied to a contract. Can she leave?


2. I have returned from abroad, currently staying with parents but my husband can't stay here. I am not receiving any money from anywhere. I think I can eventually claim but can't find anyone that would accept us. What can we do?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'll probably have to give more information to get proper advice.


1. What sort of contract is it - fixed term, rolling? What does it say about leaving/break clauses? What has your sister done about the problems, i.e. when and how were they reported to the landlord, and how serious are they?


2. Where were you abroad and for how long? Do both you and your husband have a right to reside or any restrictions on access to public funds? I presume you refer to claiming housing benefit - can you clarify? Have you been given any reasons for not being accepted?


"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...