Barclayloan Protection Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, any help would be appreciated!

I recently submitted a claim to Barclay's on behalf of my father-in-law who we found had had several old loans with what was listed as 'Barclayloan Protection' - we understood this to be PPI so put in a claim for a total of three loans. A letter of response has come back saying that they could find no PPI on the accounts even though we supplied copies of the original agreements which quite clearly shows the single Premium payment to purchase Barclayloan Protection.

Here is an example of one;

Cash loan

Amount of loan £3,400.00

Total charge for credit £1,287.68

Total amount payable £4,687.68

Monthly Repayment £97.66

Number of repayments 48

Premium loan (being the single premium payment to purchase Barclayloan protection)

Amount of loan £600.68

Total charge for credit £227.32

Total amount payable £828

Monthly Repayment £17.25

Number of Repayments 48

Total monthly repayment = £97.66 + £17.25 = £114.91

Am I missing something?

As I said, any help would be gratefully received as I am unsure how to proceed? Barclays have so far been very helpful but they insist this is not PPI.

Many thanks in advance

Ask them what they consider it to be if it is not a Payment Protection Insurance ?

I will ask one of the site team to look in on you. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenB, I did ask on the phone and the answer was 'there were lots of different insurance but this was not PPI'. To be honest I must have stated three or four times that it must be as it was added on to the loan as protection but I was honestly beating my head against a brick wall!

Look forward to hearing back from one of the site team.

Edited by Phantom2011

Hi Phantom,

Rule No 1 - Stay off the phone and keep all exchanges in writing only !! ;-)

Write back to them saying the Barclayloan Protection may not be called PPI but it is exactly the same as PPI and, as such, it should be refunded in full with interest.

Tell them if they fail to refund you will make a formal complaint to The FOS.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well ,after writing back saying the Barclayloan loan protection may not be called PPI but was essentially the same they have apparently sent a reply today saying that they direct us to their previous response regarding no PPI being on the accounts - with a copy of the original response from Barclays saying such.

The thing that is annoying me is that I have quoted three loan agreement numbers on all correspondences and they have put three different numbers on each response with just the last four digits of each number showing. I do not know where these numbers have come from or which loan agreement numbers they correspond to but I assume they would be to do with the Barclayloan protection policies? (Therefore showing protection was in place)

Where do I go from here?

I am tempted to write back yet again and enclose more copies of the original loan agreements but not sure this would make any difference as already done this twice.

Thanks in anticipation

Sounds like you've been on the phone to them again.LoL

They seem intent on frustrating your attempts to get your money back.

While you await their written response, you need to decide whether to go to The FOS to complain.

I'm moving this thread into the PPI forum where you should get the input you need.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

No, not been on the phone again slick132 - Promise!

I had a phone call from my father-in-law saying roughly what the letter said and then went to pick it up this evening.

It does not even say they will be writing again, it purely says;

'Thank you for your correspondence dated 02 October 2013. Please find enclosed a copy of our recent resolution previously sent to you on 23rd September 2013.'

They also enclosed a copy of the original letter saying they could not find any PPI on the three loans (We had one letter per loan)

Each loan quotes the last four digits of the 'account number' which bear no resemblance to the loan agreement numbers which we supplied to them so my next thought is to ask them exactly what agreement numbers their 'account numbers' relate to??

Not really sure how to play it now - we have already sent copies of the loan agreements - twice in fact but this seems to hold no sway with them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi Phantom,

See if others have anything to add but I'd say your next step is defo a PPI complaint to the FOS.

Hi Phantom,

See if others have anything to add but I'd say your next step is defo a PPI complaint to the FOS.

I would go along with this, start drafting your complaint to the FOS !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks guys, I will start the process of complaining to the FOS. I will also send one last letter to Barclays because I want to clarify which loan agreement number that I supplied to them corresponds to which 'account number' they have quoted on each letter to date. This will then enable me to tie the two together when I supply the info to the FOS. Is it best to phone the FOS first for any advice?

The FOS page re PPI is here. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

I would fill in the PPI Questionnaire and sent it to them with brief details about your contact with Barclays and the copy letters.