• Tweets

• No the bank are not judge and jury!!   The private speculative invoice is not a fine and the hire companies t&  will state fines not fake parking invoices!!   Demand it is charged back.
    • Also, I think you had better ask the buyer for a reasonably detailed statement of the condition of the parcel. This would include at the beginning, details of the purchaser's name and address – and how the parcel was received, when it was received and the condition before it was opened and then what he found inside
    • I'm sorry but we are not able to see these images correctly because they don't display large enough. Please will you put them all into a PDF file and upload that. Secondly, is there any opportunity on the machine to inspect their prohibited items list? Does it refer to a prohibited items list?
    • I received this in the post today, along with the evidence submission form. I have also checked the online portal for the case and the documents have been submitted there too.   It's the deed of assignment. Starting to worry a bit now. What do you think?   I have just noticed under the "law" section it mentions the deed is exclusively applicable in English law. This is obbviously going through a Scottish court. Is this worth noting at all? Cabot deed.pdf
    • Hate to tell you this unc, but the legitimate reports seem to be indicating the pandemics spread is already beyond the prior peak. and short of an effective vaccine, we have more than 6 months to go, with the worst by far yet to come.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Accident management company

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2581 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had a bump in 2011 and as a last resort had to go through an accident management company.

My car was taken away and I was given a hire car for 2 weeks.

The management company called around 6 months ago and advised that the third pary insurer had admitted responsibility so I thought it was all sorted although I now have received a letter advising that their car hire bill has not been paid.

They also state that

"Our panel of solicitors or our company will not request payment of any legal costs from you, as long as you do not fail to co-operate"

I have to fill a Form of authority and also include my Solicitors contact details.

Should I be worried or cautious ?

Thanks

Had a think over the letter and although it states that they will not request payment of any legal costs, i have a feeling that they could still hit me with a bill for the hire car.

I have the rental agreement here and my signature is not on it.

They have also stated that the hire charges are £59 per day for 14 days.

Please clarify - who is the letter about car hire from? If it's the car hire firm, have you asked the claims management company why it hasn't been paid?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Please clarify - who is the letter about car hire from? If it's the car hire firm, have you asked the claims management company why it hasn't been paid?

the letter is from the accident management company saying that their bill has not been paid by 3rd party insurer.

I assume that the management company has paid the hire company.

Thanks

3rd party insurers are disputing the amount of the hire cost.

When I asked the total amount they would not tell me and kept stressing I must sign the document and return.

So they must have somehow inflated the cost.

Sorry, but giving information piece meal is not helping.

What exactly do you want advice about? You seem to have a claims management firm and a solicitor working for you. Why aren't they advising you?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

It's normal for the third party insurers haggle over the hire bill.

I assume this was a credit hire agreement?

In the vast majority of cases the hire bill will be paid eventually.

I see this on a daily basis with motorcycle hire after a crash.

It has become increasingly common for the defendant insurers to argue about hire vehicle costs, and in many cases the courts have found in favour of the defendants. The other issue is that quite a few claims management firms also forget to pass on the invoice to the claimant solicitors so that it can be included in the schedule of special damages.

In this case, the issue will revolve around whether or not you signed a personal credit agreement. What this means is when you were provided with the loan vehicle, did you sign any paperwork where you accepted responsibility for any costs incurred that were not claimed for as part of your claim.

If you signed a personal credit agreement, you may not have much of a leg to stand on, which is why you need to check the paperwork and see what and if you signed for.

Thanks for replying Ganymede & T.C

Its wasn't until I took delivery of the hire car I realised that it was on credit hire.

I have the rental agreement from the hire company which shows the daily amount although I don't seem to have any paperwork from the AMC regarding the car hire.

Thanks Guys for your advice