Accident management company

dr fox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a bump in 2011 and as a last resort had to go through an accident management company.

My car was taken away and I was given a hire car for 2 weeks.

The management company called around 6 months ago and advised that the third pary insurer had admitted responsibility so I thought it was all sorted although I now have received a letter advising that their car hire bill has not been paid.

They also state that

"Our panel of solicitors or our company will not request payment of any legal costs from you, as long as you do not fail to co-operate"

I have to fill a Form of authority and also include my Solicitors contact details.

Should I be worried or cautious ?

Thanks

Had a think over the letter and although it states that they will not request payment of any legal costs, i have a feeling that they could still hit me with a bill for the hire car.

I have the rental agreement here and my signature is not on it.

They have also stated that the hire charges are £59 per day for 14 days.

Please clarify - who is the letter about car hire from? If it's the car hire firm, have you asked the claims management company why it hasn't been paid?

the letter is from the accident management company saying that their bill has not been paid by 3rd party insurer.

I assume that the management company has paid the hire company.

Thanks

3rd party insurers are disputing the amount of the hire cost.

When I asked the total amount they would not tell me and kept stressing I must sign the document and return.

So they must have somehow inflated the cost.

Sorry, but giving information piece meal is not helping.

What exactly do you want advice about? You seem to have a claims management firm and a solicitor working for you. Why aren't they advising you?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I see this on a daily basis with motorcycle hire after a crash.

It has become increasingly common for the defendant insurers to argue about hire vehicle costs, and in many cases the courts have found in favour of the defendants. The other issue is that quite a few claims management firms also forget to pass on the invoice to the claimant solicitors so that it can be included in the schedule of special damages.

In this case, the issue will revolve around whether or not you signed a personal credit agreement. What this means is when you were provided with the loan vehicle, did you sign any paperwork where you accepted responsibility for any costs incurred that were not claimed for as part of your claim.

If you signed a personal credit agreement, you may not have much of a leg to stand on, which is why you need to check the paperwork and see what and if you signed for.

Thanks for replying Ganymede & T.C

Its wasn't until I took delivery of the hire car I realised that it was on credit hire.

I have the rental agreement from the hire company which shows the daily amount although I don't seem to have any paperwork from the AMC regarding the car hire.

Thanks Guys for your advice