• Tweets

• Then we are agreed that people come here to a job that supports them, not to open door benefits?      
    • This is exactly what it says on the claim, which I believe are vague : Brief details of claim                                                                                                                         Unpaid claims management fees in accordance with the attached invoice   Please can someone check over our defence. Any hep comments greatly appreciated.       The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague   1. it is denied that any amounts are due under any contractual agreement. On receipt of this claim   We requested information pertaining to this claim from the Claimants Solicitors by way of a CPR 31:14 request sent via 1st class recorded post on 7th November 2019.   To date we have not received the requested information.   Therefore with the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to   a) show and disclose how the Defendant owes the amount in the claim; reference S-1002591 from the FSCS confirming the rejection. Letter from the claimant dated 8th October 2019 confirming the above   b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;   c) provide a copy of the agreement and Terms and Conditions;   d) provide copies of telephone conversation with Michael Cooper 10th July 2019 and 1st November 2019   e) copy of the signed acceptance form for any redress from Eurosail   (a, c, and d, requested in the Pre Action Protocol returned to the claimant solicitor/director on the 25th September 2019)       2. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.
    • But only if you remortgage with a new creditor and not the original mortgagee
    • CC told me they don't have a copy of the claim because it got sent out and that's it, they do not have a copy on file. And that I was given claim particulars (text) and I don't need the claim form to submit a n244    Correct MCOL do not retain hard copy of the actual N1...just the text particulars of claim/Claim number/Amounts/Claimants details...there is nothing further on the N1 required. . The other 2 people also said I do not need the original claim form to submit n244    I would have to agree...as long as you have the particulars of claim text.....the date ...claim number.....the amounts and the claimants name....should suffice.   Andy
    • A claim, or as the claims company have advised me, a product information request was supposedly submitted to Barclays in May of this year.....to date I have not had any acknowledgement from Barclays and more worryingly when I have rung Barclays PPI helpline who were very helpful, been told they have no record of anything lodged in any format...Should I be concerned that the claims company have not actually submitted anything or is it normal to have no standard letter from the bank?     
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2237 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I took out my mortgage with the Halifax, I

am trying to claim back mis sold ppi that was sold to me by an independent financial advisor and

by going through all my old documents I have discovered an amount on the mortgage transactions right at the beginning of the agreement called 'mortgage security'.

I haven't a clue what this is, the amount I was charged was £498.15.

Anyone have a clue what this was,

is this hidden ppi?

When was the mortgage taken out and did you have a high (over 75%) loan to value?

If yes and in the 90s/early 00s it is probably mortgage guarantee insurance.

This was used on high LTV mortgages to protect the lender in the event that you default on the mortgage

and they can't sell the property for enough to repay the outstanding debt.

The lender would often make it a condition of the offer that you take out an appropriate policy to indemnify them.

It's not really in fashion any longer but was very popular in the 90s.

I took the mortgage out in 2001. I put up 11% of the mortgage up front.

I hadn't even realised I had been charged, they must have taken the money off the deposit

I paid them.

I took the mortgage out in 2001. I put up 11% of the mortgage up front.

I hadn't even realised I had been charged, they must have taken the money off the deposit

I paid them.

So that means you borrowed 89% of the purchase price?

In that case I would guess it is as per my post above.

if I defaulted on the mortgage what would the causes for that be, what were they making me insure against? redundancy, unemployment, illness? Or is is a blanket default for any reason?

They weren't insuring you against anything. If the cover is what I think it is, they were insuring themselves against having to repossess your house and sell it for below the outstanding mortgage value.