Help please : letter for iuc for benifit fraud

Sim1313
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong place its my first time posting and im hoping someone can help me.

This morning I got a letter saying I have to attend an IUC on 10th Oct with regards to my claim for houseing benifit and council tax benifit being fraudulent. It doesnt say anything else on the letter as to why my claim is meant to be fraudlent.

In order to further understand this i contacted the benifits office to see what we are getting.

I am married with 5 children aged 11, 7, 5 ,3 ,& 7months. My husband works for the village council for 12 hours per week and I help a friend out now and again for a max of 4 hours per week. which makes a total of 16 hours.

I help out a friend at childrens parties she does and i get paid in cash which covers my petrol and no more, I do it to help her out and to get out of the house not to make money from but I thought I was doing the right thing by saying I worked 4 hours when I very often dont do that many hours sometimes I dont do any at all which is quite often with everything thats gone on and the fact Ive recently had a baby by c-section and before that had illness due to pregnancy.

I did not claim any money during my pregnancy and do not claim any other benifits

Having looked at the claim it is all in my husbands name and states he works 16 hours and the amount he get. This amount is what we both get combined working 12 + 4 hours.

I was unaware, stupidly, that it is down as all the hours being my husbands and not both of ours. The claim for houseing and council tax benifit is just in my name although the award has on it the 16 hours and the money we get.

I have not tried to claim any money but saying we are not working and I really dont know where I stand on all of this tbh.

I suffer from depression and after loseing both my father and father in law in the last couple of months my head is spinning and im in such a mess I really dont know what to, Im scared im going to go to prision over this.

If anyone can please help me I would be so so grateful.:sad:

calm yourself down for a start,you definately wont be going to prison,just explain to them what you have explained here and you will be ok,serious,make yourself a cup a tea and have yourself a nice biscuit or something and relax,it will be sorted when you tell them what you have said here.

thank you for your reply, ive been reading up online and heard people saying they sit outside your house and follow you about and things im feeling scared and upset and horrid. Ive also heard that the interview is horrid and i cant afford legal representation and ive been told no my husband is not aloud to be in the interview with me so im scared of going in on my own.