Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks DX,    I will update if they outsource to another company or issue any of proceedings (unlikely I know)    cheers, 
    • go up on your UC log-in it should tell you if you are entitled to free prescriptions. if you are, then yes  and yes go get all your moneyback.    
    • I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect.   they man the barriers at peak times, when people have purchased their permit to travel at a peak time travelled at a peak time arrived at their destination at a peak time.   thus they prevent: [loss of revenue] the traveller simply paying for an off peak fare when they just travelled in peak time [and most probably are a worker] getting an off peak return when they are travelling back home in peak time [worker returning home]     in other words ..fare dodgers.   your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.. we'll never know when your permit to travel was purchased nor if you travelled in peak time....but as from about post 5 i'll hedge my bets..   yes you are entitled as others may well be, to a refund because you were returning off peak but if you don't tell 'em…….   as for our experts , its either they are on holiday, which is none of our business or they sussed you out a longtime ago and don't want an argument here that they have 1000's of times in their regular work....   anyway  I've said all this from the start this thread is getting boring and repetitive.   dx ...    
    • @BankFodder and @BazzaS Thank you for your responses ~ I take on board all that you've said, and can only apologise again for all the narrative.   My nephew who's been [supposedly] dealing with this for over 6 months, unfortunately didn't have the experience and was consequently taken in by them and the way they 'operate', and he consequently let me down massively including through the Ombudsman this 2nd time: * 2nd Complaint with Ombudsman initially registered 11/04/2019 but, not registered properly until 15/04/2019 through their helpline (by this time my nephew, who was down as my rep for the Ombudsman, too, and the preferred contact, was away and out of the country until 07/05/2019, which was the day before the ombudsman's system had given for all evidence to be in). * Eventually after asking for and being granted 2 or 3 extensions all evidence had to be submitted by the 28/05/2019, though I was still able to keep adding evidence which would supposedly be taken into consideration (it wasn't...don't think any of it was, and it didn't take me long to work that one out!) via the messaging system. * On the BH Saturday (25/05/2019) during a phone session with my nephew in a last ditch attempt to try to get the evidence on the site, he ended-up really pushing my boundaries over this (I've finally had EMDR last year for all the trauma I've been through and that had finally kicked in)...I ended-up calling my nephew a patronizing [and might have used the F word!] prick and turning the phone off. Haven't spoken to him since, or the rest of my family, am only communicating with them through emails, texts and messenger on Facebook, and am intending to keep it that way until I'm god and ready. * The Ombudsman eventually issued his decision on 05/07/2019 (N.B. During this time he'd contacted me twice on the phone, thus bypassing my nephew's status as npower have been doing for years, including in the run-up to my lodging the latest complaint with the Ombudsman). * Npower appealed the decision on the 11/07 (the arrogance of that will strike you once I get the chance to upload the evidence I've been accumulating over the time my nephew has been 'dealing' with them and subsequently), I appealed the decision on the 18/07, which was the day before the final 14 days to appeal were up (N.B. During our 2nd converation, the Ombudsman had told me, whilst prefacing this with "I probably shouldn't be telling you this..." 🤪, that if I left it until the day before, I'd then have another 14 days whilst he considered the 'appeal' and then, even after that, I'd have recourse to appeal to his manager if I felt he'd got something wrong!!..........Yeh right! 🤬). * In the end he rejected both of our appeals and this is the basis of his response on the 01/08/2019, which he'd taken to be a relatively simple billing issue, along with my not having understood my bills and never having paid enough all along (NOPE!):- "Some of the bills are shown differently on the spreadsheets, but the information is the same. For example, on the first spreadsheet there is a bill of £3,032.40 on 4 October 2018. On the second spreadsheet there are three bills issued on 4 October 2018 for £677.33, £678.30, and £1,676.77. These three bills add up to £3,032.40. I appreciate that this can be confusing for customer’s, but this is something I did cover in my original decision. Whilst I acknowledge npower’s point that a manual bill will essentially contain the same information as the bills previously issued, it is the way in which the information is presented that is crucial to assisting the customer to understand their account better. After considering the appeals from you and npower, I can see no justifiable reason to change the decision, which I maintain is fair and reasonable for both parties, based on the evidence I have reviewed. I confirm that Ombudsman Services: Energy’s full and final decision is that npower should: • Issue a letter of apology. • Apply a credit of £120.00 to account 142309111 for the two failed appointments in 2015 in line with the terms of the Guaranteed Standards of Service. • Apply a goodwill gesture credit of £200.00 to account 142309111 in recognition of the shortfalls in service. • Provide the customer with a manual bill to show a clear breakdown of charges, payments, and credits on account 142309111 for the period from 19 February 2013 to 19 February 2019. We have now reached the end of our investigation process and there is no further opportunity to appeal. You now must decide if you agree to accept our decision in full and final settlement of the complaint."   * I haven't accepted it (why would I, when it's based on lies; npower breaching every SLC and Customer Obligation going with me; the GDPR and former DPA; fraudulently altering my data to fit in with their narrative; obfuscating, kicking-up a dust-storm, using bullying and harrasment every time they're challenged, all with the intention of trying to put the onus of responsibility for .managing. my account back onto me and save themselves coming under further scrutiny with Ofgem...though they're so far behind what has gone-on with this company over the years and/or they just don't want to unsettle their "Dear Stakeholders", especially with one of the Big 6; and all whilst I've been finally able to get the very damning evidence together against them?!). I'm about integrity and having a moral compass ~ everything this company isn't and lacks ~ and I will no longer compromise that for anything or anyone, particularly not this shower of 💩s in npower.   So yes @BazzaS I " a) want to take action" and furthermore, I believe I've got a very good case against them with your help.   Again thank you both for your support and I'll start on the bullet list over the week-end and also start uploading evidence (I've got rhemes of it on a USB stick, which I'm currently redacting the important ones of).   GM  
    • Hello.   I have received one of these penalty notices  for a prescription from several months ago.  I usually have a prepayment card but they're saying it may have expired, which it could have done.  Unfortunately, I can't find the card itself so I can't confirm.  I was going to pay the penalty on the grounds I may have carelessly let it expire but on the website for paying it says I may be entitled to free NHS prescriptions as I'm claiming Universal Credit.  I can't recall which elements but I suspect it's child tax credits and possibly something due to not high salary.   I'd never considered that I may be eligible but if this is true, then I may have been buying the prepayment card unnecessarily.  Which makes me wonder if I can avoid paying this fine because even though I ticked the box to say I have a prepayment card, which was technically not the case if it's expired, I may be eligible for free prescriptions.  Assuming I am, which I will try to determine next week for sure, do you think I can appeal the penalty based on the wrong box being ticked but ultimately it not be a fraudulent claim because I am entitled to them free anyway.   Does that make sense?  Your thoughts on the matter are all appreciated.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2143 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi All


I have a really urgent situation; I will run through the history.


I had a letter from a debt collection agency called Philips a year ago saying I owed £550 for "notice failure to give information" I emailed them and said what was it for and they said it was something to do with a vehicle violation in Waltham Forest in 2009; I wasn't in the country so know it wasn't anything to do with me I had no car. I stated this to them and they never got back to me.


I did follow up with 2 letters to the court in question which I was told ws NE Magistrates, I never had a reply to either letter.


About a month ago I got a letter form Collectica, stating the same basically so I again replied with the letters I had sent to the court and also the information I had sent to Philips. They asked me to prove I was out the country, I did this, and they said the account was on hold until 9th September while they went back to there client.


I contacted them on 9th to say what is happening, heard nothing and then on Monday (23rd) I get a debt collector at the door with a Notice of Attendance. I explained the situation and he said he understood as he has read the notes and that I need to contact the court. I explained I had blah blah; anyway he went away.


I emailed Collectica again stating this was ridculous it isn't me I can prove it and they said there client rejected my proof of not being here and not owning the car for whatever violation it is!


So my question is this What do I do now?


Can Collectica legally pursue a debt that is in dispute; I 100% have no idea what this is, someone must of had a car registered in my name or it is a mistake, whatever it is, it isn't me and I am now worried someone else is going to turn up because I am not going to be giving them a single penny.


REALLY appreciate any help with this as its super stressing me out!


Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

A court cannot simply cancel a fine. The correct procedure is to file a simple Statutory Declaration.


As things stand at this present time you have a CRIMINAL OFFENCE recorded against you personally and this needs to be cancelled.


You have said that you wrote to NE Magistrates. Where did you send the letter to?


On the current letter from Collectica is there an HMCTS reference (ie: London , NE, South etc)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Letter sent to Thames Magistrates Court 58 Bow Road London Bow Greater London E3 4DJ


After numerous calls a year ago the Fines department said it was a parking ticket, and that I had to put it in writing and provide proof which I did, and they gave me that address....


How do I complete a Statutory Declaration?


Also what do I do if the bailiffs turn up?


All help greatly appreciated!


Massive thanks,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you spoken to the court since receiving the latest letter from Collectica?


It is really important to call the court to ascertain what happened to your letter. Can you post back once you have called them .

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - I called the court and they have put a further hold on the account for 28 days (it has taken me so long to get through to them)


They gave me lots more information which was useful; this is for a car I sold in 2006, it was involved in an accident on 15.12.2008 and the court had me as the registered keeper still and said I failed to give information and brought a court case against me on 20.07.2009.


The person I spoke to was VERY helpful she said I am better attending Thames Magistrates with proof I was out of the country and proof I sold the car; so I am going to go there t'row.


Is that the best thing to do?????


I since this recieved another letter from Collectica saying it is a pre removal notice and they are adding £200 to it - I do have the 28 day hold at the moment so the pressure is off slightly


Still super stressed out...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes go to court insist they allow you to file a statutory declaration this will revert the case back to the beginning and the DVLA will either drop the case or re- summons you giving you the chance to file a defence


however as I said you need to file the stat dec for this to happen have a read of tomtubby sticky


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad that you are making progress. Did you go to court?


Please let us all know the outcome....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...