• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

BAYV issue - Police involvement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people I need help . I have TV from bayv and been with them for over three year payed off other items ( only ever missed few payment right at beginning through misunderstanding but sorted years ago ). Due to tax credit cut we had to make list of who get payed so we pay ele gas TV licence rent council tax all at reduced rate and the rest of debt had to but on hold until we got sorted .

Well this week since 9am Monday we have had bayv rep at our door 2-3 times aday demanding money (£12) I told him from start what had happened but he just said so we want paying and I will come until you pay .

I asked not to he keeps coming at 9 am and 3 pm just as school at just over road is opening and closing shouting we own £12 ( very embarrassing ) . Well yesterday he came again 9 am told him to please leave us alone and that he is now staring to course us a lot of stress he said so I want money now I just closed door .

He cam back at 3 pm this time more threatening my wife was in bed as she work late nights I asked him to please stop calling he said no I asked him to leave my property he said no I said if not i will remove him and if needed with reasonable force .

He replayed I call the police at that my wife shouted out bedroom window to move and get in car . He the phoned someone and said me and my wife threatened to assault him ( not true total lie ) with in 5 min a seconded rep turned up and parked right across my parking bays (remember at his time lots of people about picking kids up ) there stood like mafia out said my door so I phone the police there said someone will come as his is not rite .

As I put phone down police came so guess he phone too . I went out and said to officer I will talk to him and him only at this he said get in side in a very horrible tone . Five minutes later the officer just walk into my house with out invite I have very small dog that love to play and like to be fussed the dog jumped at officer and he started shouting at my little dog and push her away and made a kicking motion I told him this is my house and is her home too and not to treat her like that he said he get dog section to take her away .

My daughter who's dog it is started to cry . So we could sort this we put dog in garden at his the officer said HE was taking my TV if we didn't pay the £12 now I said we don't have it he said well am taking TV I said he as no right to do that he said I do as I have this uniform on and can do what I like and if I want can use force and arrest me I said he can not and asked what law as been broken and what law was he using he said he dose not need any .

At this my got very upset and got £11.40 ( my daughter dinner money and bus fare for next two day for school ) at this the officer went out side and said if we don't pay he getting back up and if needed will force entry . I asked him what law was he using again no reply I asked this many many time with no reply . My wife came out in bits and give rep £11.40 the rep said its £ 12 or nothing at this I took money back . The officer said right am taking TV I said no you not . The bayv rep said he can take TV as we have payed less then a year on it .

I said no way it's over two year he went on his little computer and said opps you RIGHT at this there change tack very quick . The officer jump in van with rep and talked aw by way officer refused his name and kept moving his shoulders so could not get number properly . While all this his going on in street all the neighbours came out very imbarassing .

I went inside my wife asked what was the officer going to do he just laughed at her blow her kisses wink and drove off laughing . The rep move up the road and stayed there for around 15 min . This as to stop I now have no conferdance in Cleveland police and will never ever again let them in my house not that I let them in this time .

We are now very upset stressed and my daughter would not go out last night scared that her dog was going to be took away ( more worried them if I was getting took away lol ) .

Please can anyone help me with what I can do about this and if police can act in this way . Many thank people foza11.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

In the first instance you should make a formal complaint - in writing to the company. Send to their Head/Registered office with a copy to the store.

It is very worrying that the police were called and their attitude to this type of call out. I would suggest you make a written complaint to the police station. They will have a record of the call out. So if you explain that the officer refused to give a name or let you see his number, but give precise details of the time/date of the incident, they should be able to work it out.

Have you paid more than a 1/3 rd. of the price of the television ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes payed over two years on TV . Just had rep at door once again demanding £12 asked him to please stop . He reply I will be back later and keep coming back until we pay . Is this not harassment ? It's really get me down now .

It is indeed, if you have paid more than a 1/3rd of cost of the item, then they will need to issue a court order to obtain possession of the item.

I have advised what you should do in post # 2

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BCOBS

Hi

While it was embarrassing for you, can you speak to your neighbours who witnessed this appalling behaviour and see if they will do a witness statement.

BAYV are way out of order. You tell them to leave and they must. They should have been arrested for trespass and harassment.

A written formal complaint to the local plod is essential. The lack of knowledge is no excuse for this copper to say they could take the TV

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

I can personally vouch for BAYV corporate poster and, indeed Elaine...

The police were/are way out of order and this needs sorting ASAP...

This kind of thing with police and bailiffs is, sadly, very common and needs to be taken to the highest levels and addressed nationally...

I will write a short article and post a link here as soon as possible...

In addendum - The police may well have acted on the call from the BAYV rep. if he called first. Again, this is very common practice and very unfair but they will try and say that the rep. said he was threatened and they acted on that call on a first come first serve basis...

Edited by babybear39
Missed a bit...

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i hope that you sort out your situation with BAYV soon.

it is interesting for me to read that you have been accused of assault. this week, a BAYV representative called at my home and also accused me of assaulting him!

if you can, please post an update to your problems, what you did etc... good luck in dealing with this BAYV

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!