Very Catalogue - MoneyClaim by Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My wife has received a Court Summons in regards to a Very account that she stopped making payments on due to us having income problems. I don't know a great deal about the account itself, but suffice to say she/we should have engaged in communications with the company rather than just stop making payments. Hadn't heard from them for a while and then the court documents showed up.

The amount is for approx £1,600 account balance, plus interest, solicitor fees court costs = £1,900 approx.

We are unable to pay this and will probably have to pitch a repayment proposal to them. Before we do this, is there any mileage in filing a defence with a view to establishing the amounts added for late payment fees an interest?

Is it too late to do anything?

Look forward to your replies.

Can you post up the particulars of their claim so people can advise.

When was Very account taken out ?

How was the Very account taken out e.g post, online?

When approx did you stop making repayments ?

Can you get hold of copies of all statements from Very by the time your defence would be due ? ( This is so you can look at all the charges applied to the account and challenge these )

You can acknowledge and partially defend, because you believe the amount of the claim to be wrong. Then when it goes to court, it can be worked out what you should owe and you can ask to pay an affordable amount based on a monthly basis.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

"You can acknowledge and partially defend, because you believe the amount of the claim to be wrong. Then when it goes to court, it can be worked out what you should owe and you can ask to pay an affordable amount based on a monthly basis. "

But you would automatically get a CCJ by partially defending.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

"You can acknowledge and partially defend, because you believe the amount of the claim to be wrong. Then when it goes to court, it can be worked out what you should owe and you can ask to pay an affordable amount based on a monthly basis. "

But you would automatically get a CCJ by partially defending.

Regards

Andy

What would you suggest they do ? If they cannot afford to pay whatever the correct amount that is due, but they do owe something, would you suggest that they issue a full defence ? Obviously more info required.

Wait for the OP to respond with the info asked for.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If there is any doubt or query with a claim the only way is to defend all of the claim.

Regards

Andy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hey guys, sorry I've been slow on this. It appears that the account was opened in 2010 via an online sign-up. Last payment was made in May 2012 from what I can gather. The account limit was £1200, so interest, etc (plus 8% added by Lowell) have brought the total to just under £1600.

After due consideration, we've decided that it may be best to accept it and offer a monthly payment to them of £30.

Do any of you see any obvious concerns with the above approach? From your previous experiences with such matters, would they be likely to accept a lower overall and still allow monthly instalments?

Thanks!