Barclays Partner Finance - Reclaiming late fees

SB100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the address contain a PO Box number.

A free alternative is to send from the PO counter and get a free Certificate of Posting which is adequate proof.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

This is the address to use :-

1 churchill place

london

e14 5hp

I'd claim a refund of the Special Delivery charge if it really was £6 !!??

Do this on the basis that the PO where you sent the item should have known that a PO Box address was not suitable as the destination.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 5 weeks later...

Reply finally received from Barclays PF.

I don't agree with what they are saying...

The final prescribed payment was made on the account Jan 2014, all that was left after that was charges, which they previously admitted they weren't entitled to charge.

They've marked the credit file with a '1' month late payment thereafter until May, when they've marked it settled.

Ok, maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but they say in the letter that I've asked for the markers to be corrected as they caused me stress. Rubbish, I want them removed as the account wasn't one month late, and they've admitted it!!!

Any thoughts?

barclays.png

Hi SB,

You have 4 options :-

1. Let this drop now and move on.

2. Complain to the ICO about the incorrect CRA data.

3. Write back to the bank saying that they have failed to read your complaint properly, that this is NOT about your stress, and ask them to reconsider your complaint before you are forced to take further action in 14 days time.

4. Take court action seeking nominal damages at the court's discretion for the adverse data wrongly posted against you, and work on getting the bank to agree to remove the adverse data as part of pre-hearing negotiations.

Made the complaint to ICO yesterday- by their actions, they've admitted they were wrong.

As of Jan 2014, when the last payment made, the account was clear and settled, therefore no right to process information. Admittedly, they thought they were right at the time, fair enough, but now they've admitted they're wrong they really ought to be going the whole way to putting it right.

I'm about to write to them, as I suspect they've just skimmed the letter and if I can get them to consider it properly they might agree.

I'm not going to waste any more of my life with court- there is little or nothing to gain by doing so.

Ultimately, I've got 99% of the result that I wanted, and had it handed to me on a plate.

I'm very grateful to CAG and everyone on the thread that has helped me, I can live with a couple of late markers if I have to.

Thanks again, everyone :)

Let us know what transpires.

If you haven't done so already, a Site Donation will help us be here to carry on helping. :ranger: