Mackenzie Hall & Lowell - Vanquis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with Vanquis which I could no longer afford to meet the minimum payments due to overtime being cut at work so have less money coming in.

Debt has been passed to Mackenzie Hall and they phoned me last week.

I offered to pay £20 a month by standing order starting 1st Oct,

they accepted and they gave me their bank account number and sort code to make the payments to.

Fast forward to today and I receive an email from Lowell Group regarding the same debt

demanding full payment now or to contact them to arrange a payment plan.

Did I not just arrange a payment plan with Mackenzie Hall last week?

Are they the same company?

I don't want to make payments to one company and have another company chasing me saying I haven't paid.

Woah there.

Do NOT make ANY payments at all to mucky hall. Especially by DD. You need to get the full facts on the debt before you consider paying them.

As you have already seen, and told us, there is something wrong here. If you have a DD set up, get it cancelled until you find out what is going on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the advice, no direct debit has been set up.

I would never allow that hence I asked them for their bank account number and sort code so I could make payments directly myself and be in control.

I will dig out my paper work and see if the debt was sold or not. If it is still with Vanquis, then I will make payments directly to them.

I think you may have to SAR vanquis and CCA the silly DCA's that are chasing you.

ALso, keep an eye on your credit records. Those can usually tell you who the current owner is.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

when did you take this card out?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok so not chance of SB or poor agreement details

lowlife don't usually get involved unless they OWN the debt.

can you get a copy of your CRA file please [see below]

and look who is stated as the owner

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

I received a letter in the post today from Bryan Carter regarding my Vanquis debt that was with Lowell then Fredricksons.

It says they will issue court proceedings on the 28th of May if I don't make payment of the balance of £3000.

I don't have that amount of spare cash just to pay off.

I phoned Bryan Carter today to set up a monthly installment plan,

the call centre chap went through my SOA (which I already had pre-worked out) and accepted my offer of installments.

I offered to make a first installment today via their website

(which I have done after registering an account which displays my debt details)

and will make further installments via their website on the 1st of every month.

I asked about the letter I received today regarding them issuing CCJ proceedings on the 28th of May,

the chap said they will no longer issue proceedings if I keep to the installment plan.

I'm just wondering if I can trust them, or come the 28th will a CCJ claim form land on my door mat regardless?

I really do not want another CCJ as I have just endured 6 years of my last CCJ which is actually due to drop off this month from an old debt years ago.

What type of debt?

And no more phoning the DCA, writing only.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Ok someone may correct me.

1) full sar on the original creditor. U want everything.

2) compile a list of unlawful charges to your credit account. Someone will hopefully direct you to an appropriate spreadsheet. I would look at claiming interest in restitution.

If you have all your statements then no need to wait on the SAR

Let us know balance of credit card and the claim figure of charges and restitution interest.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Just be careful. Lowells and carter are very litigious and use the courts as a means of debt collection instead of a last resort.

Is this the first you have heard regarding this debt ? Was a default notice issued, was it then assigned to Lowells (or another DCA)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes it is very important to know if they have followed all of the correct procedures, DN, Termination, NOA etc etc.

I had a letter of this odious individual which was dealt with swiftly in one phone call (DON'T RING-I am able to record all my calls and am confident in my knowledge of my rights)

And laughed and laughed when the telephone jockey on the other end told me it was a ''pre sue'' letter!!!

Told her to stop willy waving and get on with it....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've had default notice, assignment letter, lots and lots of letters from Lowell/Red/Mckenzie Hall/whatever they decide to call themselves/etc.

I even tried to set up a payment plan with Mckenzie Hall last autumn but at the same time I was getting conflicting calls/letters from Lowell saying they knew nothing of Mckenzie collecting the debt. In the end I didn't start paying the payment plan because of this.

Then recently I got a letter from Fredrickson dated 6th May then 1 from Bryan Carter dated 14th May.

Fredrickson/Carter say they are collecting for Lowell not Vanquis who the original debt is/was with.

why are you phoning these fleecers!!

is this debt on your credit file?

when was your last payment?

have you sent them a CCA request?

freds/lowells/carter are the same!!

and they

I know they are the same company.

I only phoned as I am trying to avoid another CCJ as Bryan Carter got one on me 6 years ago this month

which is due to drop off credit file anytime now.

I really do not want another one as I am trying to improve credit record.

I fell behind with this debt due to reduced income and last payment to the credit card company was early last year.

It is on my Experian and CallCredit (noddle) credit files. Not checked Equifax.

Credit card was taken out in 2009 so I assume it is all legal and above board.

then why has it been sold?

sar time to provident

got ROP or penalty charges

and they

three threads merged

please keep to one thread per debt

as for cater, well you let him get away with a partial claim.

dx

and they

three threads merged

please keep to one thread per debt

as for cater, well you let him get away with a partial claim.

dx

He hasn't made a CCJ claim yet. Just a threat of one.

CCJ 6 years ago was the fault of Natwest saying they had not issued court proceedings and had sent debt to a totally different DCA.