• Tweets

• They can still write to you after the 14 day limit but they can only pursue the driver as they have lost the ability to chase the keeper. I hope that you have not divulged who was driving. Never talk to these guys on the phone. They lie and harass as well as taping conversations. Only write and do not appeal as they never agree that the motorist is right. Please reply to the questions on post 2 so we can give you the best advice to avoid paying these crooks.
    • Hi   I think you also need to send this company a Subject Access Request (SAR) simply asking for 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whichever format they hold it in whether it be written, email phone recording etc.   They then have 30 Calendar day to respond only once they have acknowledged receipt of your SAR request. note a SAR if now Free   As for them stating they don't have to stop processing your data they need to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) which is now part of Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)   This link breaks down the GDPR so its easier to understand your rights:  https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm    
    • There is so much wrong with their WS.   You stopped for a very short time yet she seems to equate that as being parked! That flies in the face of what parking means.   There have been several cases in Court where Judges have defined the meaning of parked. Not one of them describes it as stopping for a few minutes with the engine running and the driver remaining in the vehicle. And why on earth is POFA being included on s28? The airport comes under Byelaws and that land is specifically not covered by POFA.   Then on s30 she cites Parking Eye v Beavis talking about establishing a contract between the parking company and the motorist to park!   then from s33 to s40 they are trying to bamboozle the Court by trying to minimise the effect of the Byelaws. It is the borough of Southend on Sea that decides the rules there- https://d1z15fh6odiy9s.cloudfront.net/files/sen-byelaws-1983-297c76b8.   S12 and s13 confirm that the signs erected by the Council are the ones to be observed.   You can also use the Forum search box and cases that have been won against VCS above.   s46 The claimant submits the signs are not prohibitive!    The dictionary description of" Prohibitive"- (of a law or rule) forbidding or restricting something.  If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...Is she dumb or what. s47 Further misdirection-this is nothing to do with parking s48 refers to the" lawful occupier" not the landowner which is Southend Council.  I end up going back to s5 which gives the impression that VCS complies totally with their Code of Practice and therefore you, the motorist must be guilty. yet Time and time again VCS loses in Court because they have not complied with their CoP.   The Parking Prankster indicates some of them.  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/02/   and in the case below they took someone to Court knowing that they did not have the right to take this person to Court at all. http://nebula.wsimg.com/e3da92cb966c72de63ec1f98605c2954?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1   VCS v Ms O C8DP9D8C Birmingham 1/8/2017 this was taking a motorist to Court  when the contract for the car park was down to Excel. VCS have lost many cases in Court knowing that they did not have the right to sue as there was no contract between them and motorists-total breach of their CoP and should have put their ability to access motorists data  were it not for the weakness of DVLA and the IPC. VCS v Ms M. 3QZ53955 25/01/2016 Claim discontinued. Costs awarded to motorist. as above-masquerading as Excel yet again.
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • Hi   Welcome to CAG   Please be patient I am sure others will be along to offer you there wisdom.   Looking after someone else's child: https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-someone-elses-child   Can I also say that you should be proud at taking the children on and looking after them due to the circumstances for such a long time.        
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

help been evicted at 12pm Help pleze

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2556 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I need serious help

I have been evicted I defended the eviction at court at 11am the judge said it could go ahead

mortgage company said if I paid 2500 by 12 then they would halt it

my sister tried to pay but they said they could not verify her address

so at 12.05 the money in cash was put into their account

they said that the baliff had signed it off and now nothing I can do

is there anything,, they had the money they wanted to stop the eviction

not its gone ahead

please help

I cant get into see a solicitor until 4pm

court closes at 2

need help urgently

Tell the bailiff and court the money was paid

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have a hearing in front of a judge tomorrow at10AM I saw a solicitor this afternoon and they said that I can say that I was oppressed, it might work because at 11am they agreed to stop the eviction,xa then they refused payment of the amount that they wanted and said they wanted it in cash paid directly into the back account with thirty mins to go then then said it was too late, I have put in the application exactly that, the problem is the solicitor is in court at the same time with a different case and can not represent me.

The judge today just did not listen to me at all, I said that I had money coming, it cleared our joint account this morning, believe it or not, which is what was used to pay the money to them. They kept me on the phone for over an hour saying to hang on and then said it was too late, but the money was paid in before they said it was too late.

Yes I know this was last minute but we have been waiting for the cleared funds, it just all happened together, today.

Realistically is there anything at all I can do at the moment or just draw a line under the whole thing my sister has a property that is empty at the moment that I could move into when I can get all of my stuff out of the house.

#

The judge this morning said no and no appeal it was the other judge that said yes there is something that can be done and agreed to look at it, thing is, dont think the mortgage company is going to want to agree to anything at all they have what they wanted to and that is it back.

If you can move into your sisters house, do it today. That way you at least have somewhere to live until this is sorted. If the judge finds in your favour, then all you have lost is the time that it takes to take your belongings there and back. For now, your main priority should be to ensure you have a roof above your head.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The mortgage company said that they would accept £4000 now the problems is I really do not have an exact figure of the arrears, its all charges etc, which is a nightmare, but my sister said the house is mine she owns it outright and that I can move in and live there no problem. The eviction took place while I was at the court and trying to sort it out with mortgage company and trying to get the payment from my sisters bank nto theirs which is not easy to do. Think the arrears stands at about 7k or what they are claiming, however, the charges are in excess of 13k at the moment, and its just the complaints to the financial ombudsman thats taking the tim

The money was only transfered into my sisters account by her solicitors this morning otherwise we would not have left it until the last moment to actually go back to court, we were hoping that it would have come though long before this happened.

I suppose I need to contact my mortgage company tomorrow to ask them if the arears are paid off if they will give us back possession until its sold, I really think I need to move, but Im still goin to have costs etc so the equity that is in the house is going to be gone.

I really dont know now I need a plan of action, what to do next, I just now have the clothes I was at the court in today,everthing else is in the house, I need to apply to get back in to remove everything and I need to find out if they will let me in for a full day, with a removal company.

They will let you remove the items. Someone will have to be there though. Normally a rep from the company to ensure you do not damage anything.

Its going to take all day, will they let somebody be there all day, we are looking to get a removal company to pack it up and get it out, there is just too much for us to do in a couple of hours...

Of course they will. They wont lock it up and get rid of everything. You could sue the hell out of the courts and the mortgage company if they did that/

HI, yes can now pay the regular mortgage, and my sister has all ready said that she will pay off the arrears in full for me and actually said that to the mortgage company before the eviction took place, they started to take payment then refused saying it needed to be cash paid directly into their account. so yes can pay the mortgage and if we can get it sorted all the arrears will be paid in full.

They are a mob that I didn't know anything about until a few minutes ago when I "Googled" them. By the sound of it, "shysters" is far too polite a term for them! It goes to show just how lax things were before the banks crashed. Let's hope they have tightened up now, with the benefit of hindsight.