Closing a Vanquis account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a Vanquis card a few years ago, and (I say this reluctantly) I've been largely happy with it. For the most part, I used it only when necessary and paid of the balance each month or as soon as possible. I recently started a business and used my card a lot in the initial period to help with start up expenses. I reached near my max of £3000 and stayed there for a couple of months. I've just paid off my balance in full and asked to close the account but have discovered that I am being charged interest on my last months balance, even though it was paid before the due date, and I won't be billed for that until the end of next month. I then have to wait a further month to make sure I have a zero balance before the account is finally closed. I've never come across this before, I closed a cap1 card a while ago, paid off balance and that was that so what are Vanquis playing at?

Just had a thought, if I wait for them to bill me will they charge me interest on the interest the following month?

• 8 months later...

I've got exactly the same issue, been going on 4 months now. I've asked them to cancel all the protections etc, but they ignore me. I have put my account in credit numerous times, but they just won't cancel.

Any news on your situation?