• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The CAG Vaping thread (E-Cigs) What kit you rockin and liquids you take?

speedfreek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surprised there's no tips tricks and recommended gear thread so here goes.

Liquid - I vape a 50:50 mixture of 24mg RY4 and 18mg AV4 (acevapers organic RY4) - will be cutting the nicotine mg strength soon.

Kit - Kanger MT3s Tanks with 2.4 ohm coils and the bog standard top 2 1mm wicks replaced by a 2mm Ekowool one on EGO-T standard 900 mah batteries.

Tanks with head are £5 batteries off amazon for £8. Liquid cheap as chips except the AV4 which I pay a premium on as it's divine.

I've now bought a volt/amp/ohm meter plus some Kanthal A1 Heat Resistance 1 Wire - 0.2mm with the 2m of Ekowool wick so that I can build new heads/coils for my MT3s tanks.

Next step for me with be a variable voltage battery holder like the VAMO.

So what you all vaping?

For the best beginers guide to kit etc see here http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/28309/pics-vids-get-started-abbreviations

It does all look intimidating at 1st but I highly recommend going the rebuild-able route as you for a couple of quid outlay replace and tinker slightly with things to solve common issues. I paid £4 for 10 meters of coil wire and 2 meters of Ekowool. Once I figure out how to use me volt meter I'm building my 1st head around the 2mm Ekowool. You should also search youtube for how to clean and dry burn your kit for longer life.

Edited by caro

Or just go cold turkey and save your money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I know a few people using liquids to pack up smoking.

Edited by caro
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Have they quit though or are they still using them and having to go through this rigmarole just to stop?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Both. :)

Edited by caro

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I stand corrected then. Im just of the opinion that nobody should need to go through all that junk just to control their addiction.

That's the problem. Smoking is an addiction and the more help people can get beating it the better. Many just can't do it cold turkey.

I've tried everything but the main stream quiting NRT is not suited for my needs. So I tried something else. I got stung because although I knew what I was buying it's very hard to find the information in 1 place to make a really informed decision.

I hoped that by starting this thread it could become a place whereby we could help people new to vaping make the best decisions. Based on actual experience rather than false reviews.

All I can say is VAMO VAMO VAMO I want one so much :madgrin:

Edited by caro

nahhhhhhhh provari or sentinal (which I have) and I love vaping, healthier than stinkies and dropping the nic level all the time, saved over 600 quid, not coughed wheezed or had any cigarette related symptoms in 3 months, I too tried every thing to pack in smoking, gum, patches, inhhalators etc. All the NRT products did to me was turn me into the Hag from hell. Vaping is the best alternative I have ever come accross for certain people who enjoy the act of smoking but hate cigarettes vaping is perfect. I am vaping on my K100 juicy peach, and in my sentinal I have Key lime on my dripper.

I've just got a simple ego. It does the trick for me. Currently, I'm using red bull flavour (a fave) and have got peach schnapps & cherry bakewell lined up x

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

provari or sentinal (which I have) .

Both nice bits of kit I could really be tempted by. I'm only 3 months into this journey so have only just started getting more involved in the I can make this work with a pair of pliers and a bit of wire side of things.

I was looking at the VAMO as basically it's a battery holder with a few buttons to control output. Don't see the point on spunking £20 on an EGO Twist and really fancy an easy to use/replace battery with a bit more power as the standard EGO 900s don't even last a day.

Should work out cheaper too as it's far cheaper to replace the batteries than paying for one in a tube with a circuit board.

kitten1 what tank you using on the EGO?

I originally bought the type A which was an absolute lemon!

So glad I moved onto the Kangers as I now experience the vapor clouds the rotund Americans on youtube rave about.

biggeorge you've got the EGO CE5 rebuildable tanks looked at them but was put off by leakage issues. Are they any good?

I was going to buy a couple to try as they were doing ones with a basic 900mah battery with charger for £8 last month.

If you're still smoking what mg nicotine are you vaping?

I had a bit of an issue due to 16mg but upping the levels to 21 mg sorted me right out.

No acid reflux and I sleeps like a baby. Everytime I've gone NRT (except nasal spray) it's been losec and sleeping tablets.

Sounds like a nightmare to me and just swapping one addiction to another on an obsession level! Someone is making a profit still but good luck if it helps. I can see why E-Cigs have a bad reputation if they are being adapted and condoned for long term use.

As one of my friends doctor put it, it's the lesser of 2 evils, and also substantially cheaper than smoking.

cheaper, definatly. and at work not having to go out in the freezing cold for a fag. We are allowed to vape in our canteen, and in local pubs, but even so legal, its respectful to ask the landlords permission first before vaping as they may not like it. I did find at first even though I was allowed to vape in thr canteen etc I felt a bit like a naughty schoolgirl doing it, but when others started I didn't feel so bad.

Sounds like a nightmare to me and just swapping one addiction to another on an obsession level! Someone is making a profit still but good luck if it helps. I can see why E-Cigs have a bad reputation if they are being adapted and condoned for long term use.

Right before I head to the debt sub forums with a calculator going look less money coming in to you have going out.....

1, I am replacing 1 nicotine delivery system with another. So.... no change in addiction.

2, nicotine and cocaine for that matter were traditional South American medicinal herbs and Queen Victoria was absolutely off her regal tits on both! With some of the comments Prince Philip comes out with you think he'd might have discovered her secret stash in the East Portcullis?

3, I think it was Walter Raleigh who brought this thing to us with the potato in 15-1600s?

4, Would I rather breath in a mixture of the 2 liquid chemicals PG/VG mixed with flavourings & nicotine that were used for dry ice effects in almost all night clubs in the 80s or BATs' version witch was a paper tube filled with tobacco plus over 100/1000 additives 99.8% of them were considered poisons.

Saying that not everybodys' body agrees with either PG or VG let alone nicotine. This will only become apparent for most round about a month after the withdrawal from additives to cigarettes clears. They are not perfect but for 99% of people they are amazing.

For all of you going so much hassle this is how you clean and dry burn a kanker tank (which pretty much goes for all rebuild-able tanks)

My head's just exploded posting that. Rinse under hot water.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Too hard too hard we're breaking up Huston we have a problem!

On a brighter note

just dropped from 2.5 ohms to 2.2 on my kanger heads and it's ooooh nice! More like smoking rich butter infused with maple bacon to an Iceland platter.

Plus the amazon retailer I bough my last 2 ego 900mah batteries from has refunded my £2 postage on the dodgy one and is still sending a replacement.

• 1 month later...

Well that should be me fully upgraded tomorrow :whoo:

Got a KANGER Pro tank V2 arriving with 160 ml of RY4 tomorrow.

Got 18 KANGER heads I can rebuild and actually know what I'm doing now! You can't fit 4mm of wick in a 3mm by design hole :lol:

Even with heads and the smaller tanks so cheap it's still cheaper to rebuild and loads more fun!

Also have my 1st 'battery mod' :!: The Itaste MVP v2 which I'd highly recommend.

http://myepack.co.uk/mods/itaste-mvp-v2-0.html

2600 mah of charge. Not only does it have controllable Voltage and Wattage plus an ohms reader built in, but it can also charge your phone/MP3 player via it's built in USB port.

Been taking my EVODs out on a standard EGO-T battery and have been getting some very funny omg he's tokin a crack pipe looks off the uneducated :madgrin:

My GP asked me to explain how it worked to her and seamed very impressed. Hey even the blokes doing the sign out front of the GP practice stopped me for a chat.

Think I might have made my 1st convert tonight :!: He'd tired the prepackaged didn't like it and thought my EVOD was just a big one. Took the battery off then pulled the tank apart/explained how it worked to show him the bits and gave him a go. He went omg flavour as this big plume of AV4 vapour left him. Even the non smoker he was with was impressed. Although she had to be explained by him (I was impressed by this tbf) that it was PG/VG akin to water vapour not cigarette smoke :jaw:

This is my riffle

This is my Gun

This ones for fightin

This ones for fun!

I can see why E-Cigs have a bad reputation if they are being adapted and

condoned for long term use.

As far as I'm aware e-cigs are not being 'adapted' for long term use. How an individual uses them is surely a matter of individual need or preference and this has been the case for years. The vast majority of people I know who use them did not intend to give up cigarettes completely and if they have done so it came as a glorious surprise that they could. Like me they were long term, heavy smokers who had tried every other method at one time or another to quit and to be fair some of those methods were effective in the short term. I am now on day 574 smoke free after decades of heavy smoking, admittedly not quite nicotine free but I fail to understand why this enrages some people. Those same people who are so against this method of harm reduction because there is still a small amount of nicotine involved ingest the substance every day if they eat a healthy diet as it is present in many vegetables.

just upgraded myself ion saturday with a variable voltage tesla mod and I love it

You watt? :madgrin:

Just kidding although Tesla whilst genius was recluse who only talked to pigeons (he felt they were better than humans) so my mind boggled a bit. Especially after seeing you can now get wireless chargers and Ancient Aliens theory of the pyramids as a wireless energy grid - which is one of the things Tesla was perfecting for free energy for all - well with out the pyramid bit.l

I'll google it later.

Pro Tank washed/soaked over night/dried and now in use today. Bit airy until I upped the voltage from 3.7 to 3.8 now 4 volts on the 2.5 ohms coils it came with. It also came with a voltage to ohms chart. Something my MVP didn't come with :roll:

1.7-1.9 ohms 3.1-3.3 volts

2.1-2.3 - 3.4-3.7

2.4-2.6 - 3.8-4.1

2.6-3.0 - 4.2-4.5

Note: The standard single in a tube type EGO batteries will at best only output 3.8v when brand new. Mine 2 months old are 3.7 fully charged. All batteries cut out at 3.3v so according to the chart will not work with a protank unless you are using low ohms coils. Twists might work?

Just need to work out what setting the power function on the MVP does and it'll be bonza vape fest.

No leakage which I've heard was a bit of an issue with them and unlike the MT3s tanks (which tend to short if tightened too much and need the bottom + pin of the head wiggled down a bit to connect) work perfectly on my MVP v2 :whoo:

My tip for all KANGER Tanks is replace the top 2 1mm flavour wicks (not wrapped round the coil wick) with a single 2mm wick. I'm using Ekowool (which apparently expands - burn it with a lighter before cutting or it frays catastrophically) and now only get flooding into the battery when it goes to almost empty levels.

All my KANGER tanks EVOD/MT3s have suffered with gurgling/flooding from the off. Thats why I didn't get on with them. Took a virgin pre-built EVOD head out today and same issue. Pro tank is Ekowooled and prefect.

I'm buying from here wire n wicks http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/ and am thinking of some 1 mm Eko and a higher thickness of wire prob 2.5-3.5 for coils

Any Ideas as my brain goes a bit funny on this subject.

I still want a Vamo or Sigelei Zmax Telescopic for.... I don't know nor need one except for the fact it's new shiny toys with buttons. Shiny shiny buttons :whoo:

Pro Tank V2 with a 2mm Ekowool flavour wick and MVP2 set to 4 volts on a 2.5 ohns head 207ng4i.gif

Epiphany seriously it's underpants in the freezer territory :jaw:

It's like vaping mellow birds with a hint of worthers originals where as the EVODs with the same juice/ohms are an iceland shrimp ring

VAMO V5 full kits are here (inc 3 batteries and charger) and only £50. http://myepack.co.uk/vamo-v5-full-kit-ss.html

Must resist temptation.........

Oooo snowy how does the CE 7 vape?

that itaste looks like a nice bit of kit

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/450177-introducing-fantastic-new-itaste-vv-vw-v3-0-iclear10s-replaceable-coil-clearo-kit-available-four-styles-colors-video-within.html

Not sure about it only having an 800 mah battery though?

The CE 7 vapes well, i`m not a seasoned vaper. I started out with a starter kit & then progressed to the CE 7, these are my only experiences of vaping , so, very much a novice.. I like it , good amount of vape, good throat hit. I like the look of the itaste, very modern & sleek. I confess to being very dumb when it comes to batteries & such like. I stopped smoking a good while back but decided to start vaping as i felt i was near to cracking . I like vaping , the mechanics of smoking are replicated in a lot of ways, like preparing a smoke [ i used to roll my own] so i enjoy the vaping equipment.