style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I asked many times whilst I was at my previous job to have a meeting about why they were not paying me correctly and sometimes not at all when I started asking for SSP yet I was ignored. I have sent a disability discrimination claim to the ET for that and other reasons which was accepted by the ET and now my former employers want to have a meeting (blimey). They kept putting if off however by cancelling right at the last minute, once when I had already left home so that, in their words "could speak to their legal advisors first".

Now they have sent their response to the ET a couple of days before the deadline so I won't have a copy of it yet and they want a grievance meeting on Wednesday.

I don't really know what to expect from this, or even now they have this advice whether they will try to weaken my case through my answers. I am representing myself and the judge has yet to make a decision on the case or set any conditions.

Should I cancel until there is a judgement, or until I have time to look at their response to the tribunal acknowledgement?

I don't really want to weaken my case by saying I no longer want a meeting but I don't want the meeting to be used to weaken my case.

Any help will be really appreciated.

if they fix your greivance you won't need an ET which would be a good result, wouldnt it?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I suspect neither you not I are psychic. I do know not going will def. make you look awkward though.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi all,

I have made a claim to the employment tribunal as I feel the company I worked for had discriminated against me because of my disability.

On their response they are obviously denying everything I have said but they have also added denials of allegations that I have never made. They are being represented by solicitors.

Here's what they said:

"It is denied that the claimant was unfairly dismissed as alleged or at all"

At no point have I even mentioned it. Can I say anything about this?

They have also said I cancelled all the grievance meetings (3) because I was unwell. However it was always them who cancelled it. I have the emails to prove that.

I also put in another claim as they would not pay me back what I was owed. As soon as I put that in they made an offer. They response they now give in this claim is they paid me more than I asked for which is rubbish and will be on the first ET1.

Will this help me in anyway?

Thanks for any replies.

They're just saying they don't think you were unfairly dismissed. They are bound to say that. Not worth the fight.

It's good you have the emails.

The attempt to settle is a red herring. Many companies do this, it's not an admission of guilt, just an expression of the cost of lawyers. Although, did you take money from them? Its unclear.

If you aren't claiming unfair dismissal, then that was probably just a mistake by their representative (many firms use a template ET3 and amend for each claim as appropriate and they may have just incorrectly amended it).

If you are claiming unfair dismissal then that paragraph would almost always be in there.

Also can you keep to one thread? I think you now have five or so about this case. It makes it difficult to follow your case. Thanks!

Also can you keep to one thread? I think you now have five or so about this case. It makes it difficult to follow your case. Thanks!

Thank you, Emmzzi, I hadn't noticed that. Three most recent threads merged, is that enough information to do a good job or not, please? :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum