style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this the start of being harassed and made to get back into work.

Have a look at some of the other threads for an idea of what to expect. Not all providers and staff are the same, but we only get to hear about the bad ones and the antics they get up to. I'm somewhat biased myself in that I had a bad experience of A4e and see others suffering the same indignities. With that in mind, some advice for you:

• Always record every conversation you have with them.
  • Demand copies of all paperwork and supporting documents.
  • Never sign anything even if they tell you it is mandatory - If you are forced to sign, annote it with "signed under duress".
  • Take a red pen and don't be afraid to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
  • Don't give out your email address, phone number.

The DWP publish a complete library of provider guidance documentation - It is worth reading these, and the accompanying live memos so that you have the information to fight back if they turn nasty. There is also a number of freedom of Information requests that have clarified certain issues (such as signing documents - DWP has stated this is not mandatory). You may be lucky in that you'll have an initial appointment and they decide to park you and only make telephone contact once every six months. If they get out the big stick and try bullying you, feel free to come back and ask for advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Have a look at some of the other threads for an idea of what to expect. Not all providers and staff are the same, but we only get to hear about the bad ones and the antics they get up to. I'm somewhat biased myself in that I had a bad experience of A4e and see others suffering the same indignities. With that in mind, some advice for you:

• Always record every conversation you have with them.
  • Demand copies of all paperwork and supporting documents.
  • Never sign anything even if they tell you it is mandatory - If you are forced to sign, annote it with "signed under duress".
  • Take a red pen and don't be afraid to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
  • Don't give out your email address, phone number.

The DWP publish a complete library of provider guidance documentation - It is worth reading these, and the accompanying live memos so that you have the information to fight back if they turn nasty. There is also a number of freedom of Information requests that have clarified certain issues (such as signing documents - DWP has stated this is not mandatory). You may be lucky in that you'll have an initial appointment and they decide to park you and only make telephone contact once every six months. If they get out the big stick and try bullying you, feel free to come back and ask for advice.

Thank You for that information.

I am trying to stay calm and wait for the initial interview.

So, far everyone I have come into contact with, DWP, ATOS, have all been great with me - so I hope others can take some heart from that.

I have never been pushed or forced into anything and passed 2 medicals.

But, I am aware of what is happening out there in regards to benefits so just wanted to touch base and find out some does and don't s.

Fingers crossed!

I don't know if this has been previously posted, it's something to be wary of.

Bottom paragraph on the sixth post of the thread http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/welfare-to-work/7010-work-programme-live-running-memos

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.