• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming PPI after double glazing firm gone bust, GE money financed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I have searched this forum and cant find the answer if its already out there my apologises.

My auntie purchased Double Glazing in 1997 from a company called Harmony windows and they added PPI to the loan,

the finance was for 10 years and finished in 22 may 2007, that was the last DD payment

the PPI was provided from GE Money, I have all the proof credit agreement etc

Harmony windows who sold the PPI policy has gone bust and is no longer trading

I have contacted GE money who said I have to contact Harmony windows which i did,

as they are no longer trading i have contacted FSCS

who said the claim is older than 6 years so there is nothing I can do

what other options do I have can i go small claims court etc

any advice would be really apperciated

thanks

typical GE money response.

they wriggle and wriggle.

if it was GE money on the agreement

then GE money are your target.

look at the finance agreement carefully

you may find the name of the underwriter

there might be a chance there

however, under section 56 of CCA GE ARE responsible for the actions of the sellers

in whatever capacity.

as for it 'being statute barred'

I cant see the FSCS saying this

they know full well that SB does NOT apply to PPI reclaims.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my apologises i didnt make it clear in my first sentence

thanks for quick response

Im fully aware that harmony windows didnt supply the ppi or loan as they are a double glazing firm,

harmony windows used ge money for their finance they offer their customers,

they arranged it all on a home visit and used ge money to offer credit

and also ppi was included when selling the windows.

my auntie signed a credit agreement which was with first national bank as it is there logo

and paperwork on the credit agreemnet, its clearly a credit agrement with them

and the signature on the credit agreement clearly shows

signed on behalf of first national bank

in my eyes this policy was sold by first national as its there credit agreement.

hope it all makes sense

currently not at home but can easily scan document to show exactly what was signed

thanks for the reply fscs said exactly that they cannot investigate because of the agreement was signed before 2005 and it doesnt meet the guidelines

im still stating that ge money authorised someone to sell on there behalf, on the paperwork it states insurance policy underwriter: Bennett gould and partner, which is a solictors firm

do i have a case

don't worry

we are well aware of the very tangled web surrounding GE money

loans.co.uk

first national bank

and all the others

never seen BGP before though

you certainly have a case

what I suggest is type in first nation in our search top right on the grey toolbar.

there you will be able to see the other stories.

that should answer many questions

then comeback here.

what the fscs actually mean is its not covered by them as it was signed before 2005

when there jurisdiction began

doesn't mean its a lost cause.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

under section 56 GE are responsible for the actions of seller or any any agent.

might end up at the underwrites but there are numerous early PPI reclaims already through GE,.

dx

and they

Hi

Thanks for the advice

I have searched the forum and have found that another person had the same problem with cold seal(window company who have also gone bust), and they were advised to complete a fos questionnaire and a spreadsheet of claim.

I will complete the fos questionnaire and the spreadsheet of claim,

Is this the right option I am taking

Thanks for the advice

sounds good

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

and in your opinion sec 56 does apply as without the goods, there'd be no need for the ppi.

might be an idea to try the insurance under writers you mentioned

pers i I'd be writing back to ge

pointing out 'your' opinion and telling them

as they full well know the fscs were not set up when the ppi was taken out.

so Ge how do I get back the PPI you spoofed out of me then?

wriggle wriggle.

and they

I had the same problem with First National then GE Money Lending who gave their final word

- NO - as they are not responsible.

However, they gave me the Window company's Administrators who are now in charge of that company.

Perhaps you ought to ask GE Money who are the Administrators for that window company

and write them a letter, and if that fails send the questionnaire to fos.

I hope you will have better luck than me.

FOS said they cannot help because its over 6 years,

and also because the company concerned went into administration

and the administrators are not in their remit.

However, they asked me if I want to ask the insurers with whom the insurance policy was with,

and see if they can help or finally write to Finance Leasing authority.

GE money point blankly refused saying they are not responsible

and sent me FLA address details to write to. It took 2 years to find out this.

6yrs ..does not apply to PPI.

dx

and they

Thanks, but that's what FOS told me. I took out the loan to get windows done in 2004 Sep. I have not given up yet. Will write to the insurers, whom I believe is the Cardiff Pinnacle. I have seen somewhere on this site about them. I wonder if anyone had any luck with them.

the fos did not tell you as its more than 6yrs old you cannot claim!

prob said as its from 2004 they were not regulated by the FOS at that time

dx

and they

Hi Dx thanks

- The lady I spoke to at fos did not seem to know much , a

nd when I asked her to explain

- she said its not within their remit and kept asking me to hold so she can check with someone else.

At the end of it she said write to FLA.

So I am back to start again with the insurers first and then FLA.

opps not your thread either...naughty

dx

and they

Tried Fscs and were no help,fos also said they weren't regulated at the time so no joy there either.

I will write to underwriters who are a solicitors firm and also ge money asking how do I claim back ppi then.

Also notppisavy did you write to Fla. and if so what did they say

If still no luck would small claims court be last hope

Thanks