Bus Lane Ticket London

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was following my satnav and it told me to go into a bus lane (one that you couldn't get out off once you were in). A policeman then pulled along side me and just politely informed CCTV would have picked it up and it expect a ticket.

However, I've not long moved and my driving licence is still registered at my old address. I've got the form to change it but it might take a while.

So I want to check if I have this ticket so that I can pay it before any late payment fines etc. However, DVLA say its not their jurisdiction, its the police or maybe transport for London.

I've looked around and I can't find out who to contact. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

However, I've not long moved and my driving licence is still registered at my old address. I've got the form to change it but it might take a while.

It's not your driving licence that matters, it's the V5 vehicle registration document.

Can you not monitor post at your old address?

It's not your driving licence that matters, it's the V5 vehicle registration document.

Can you not monitor post at your old address?

+ 1 to this. The ticket will go to the address on the V5, not the one on your driving licence (unless it's the same of course).

Even if, as the Police said, there being CCTV cameras (were there?) it is not absolutely certain they would have been in use or 'picked you up'.

But if they were there and it was within the bus lane operating times, it is not a strong hope - they want to make the CCTV pay for itself and operating it. And even make a profit!!!

As above - the Registered Keeper's address on DVLA records at the time/date is where it would go.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys thanks for the guidance here :) And for moving me :)

How does the V5 work? Are you meant to change the address for this everytime you move?

Thanks

It is a legal requirement to advise of a change of address if you no longer are related in anyway to the address on the V5.

What form? To change your address on your driving licence, there is a section at the bottom of the counterpart to simply fill in your new address and send it off to the DVLA at no cost.