Smoking ban considered for prisons

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Oh mixed feelings about that. So a potentially innocent remand prisoner could be stopped from smoking...I know it's a prison but we are supposed to be a free country where people have free will.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I went into a pub the other day and was amazed and shocked, apart from my feet sticking to the dirty floor, the Land Lord and half the customers were sitting at the bar smoking cig after cig, i wouldnt believe what i was seeing

:spy:

I went into a pub the other day and was amazed and shocked, apart from my feet sticking to the dirty floor, the Land Lord and half the customers were sitting at the bar smoking cig after cig, i wouldnt believe what i was seeing

:wave: L O

Did you stay and have a cigarette and drink with them :whoo: or run away in horror :madgrin::faint:

cheers and light up

:focus:

:whistle: smoking is not allowed in Hotel's :whistle:

Re: Smoking ban considered for prisons

I'm surprised the 2007 ban doesn't cover prison. But according to my dad, it's because it's not actually public, whereas your local pub is?

smoking is not allowed in police station cells, which are not for the public :???:

but you can smoke in Parliament :?:

:der:Parliament's not public :???::???:

dk :wave:

bye for now

:welcome::rofl::welcome:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:tea:

most of my knowledge is from the school of hard knocks

not based on any legal background

As quite a lot fellow caggers state seek Legal Advice

:ranger:

Just creates more of a black market. They can't stop the illegal drugs going into prisons so what hope do they have for 20 B&H? When all smoking is banned the compensation ambulance chasers will pick on another target. Where would we be if health workers refused to be near to anyone or anything that posed a potential risk to them?