BankFodder BankFodder

maria.c

Lloyds TSB Closing accounts with no reason

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2363 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi can anyone shed some light - I recently received two letters from Lloyds TSB out of the blue stating that after a review of my account they can no longer run a bank account for me. I have been with them for nearly 20 years, never had any problems, always in credit etc. Cannot find anyone to speak to to find out why, on what basis they made this decision etc. Just get told the banks can do this without having to give a reason. Surely there's a criteria on which they make their decisions??

Hello and Welcome maria,

This seems to be happening a lot more regularly than it used to, how often do you use the account, are you paying large sums at a time, there's a good few reasons they close accounts, fraud, money laundering, connections with certain countries, very little usage of the account ect. sometimes they don't recon they are making enough from the account.

I think you will find it almost impossible to find out the reason why either.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You won't find out the reason and they are not obliged to tell you.

Another reason could be that have broken the terms and conditions of your account - e.g. using a personal account for business