County Court Action notification

ianandemma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone explain the policy / law that county courts have for providing notification of action surrounding judgements.

If a company is making an application to the court must they notify you of their intent? (and does it have to be in a specific way?)

If the court agrees to a hearing with a company does the court not automatically send out a notification there are proceedings issued to notify you in advance so you can attend to defend your case before they make a potentially one sided decision?

Thanks Ian

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Please can someone explain the policy / law that county courts have for providing notification of action surrounding judgements.

If a company is making an application to the court must they notify you of their intent? (and does it have to be in a specific way?)

If the court agrees to a hearing with a company does the court not automatically send out a notification there are proceedings issued to notify you in advance so you can attend to defend your case before they make a potentially one sided decision?

Thanks Ian

Hi,

What are the specifics surrounding your question please?

Hi

Specifically not wanting to go into it but the CCJ was not paid after more than 10 years, no enforcement action for 8 years, DCA saying they will go to apply for leave of stay on it. OK I acknowledge this as them giving me notice prior to action. My opinion and other they will never get anything out of it.

The reason im asking is I cant believe the county court could enter into anything without any prior notification to my home address (from them) like a court summons or at least a letter giving me the opportunity to go and defend the case.

If they don't have to send anything what would happen if it were granted in my absence? Would they issue a new CCJ and it enter on the CRA records for another 6 years?

Also, Is there a public schedule the county court that I could look at?

Thanks

Hi I will leave this for the experts but to my knowledge after a period of 10 years the judge would want to know why the creditor had not been after you to pay and most threads on this subject say the judge would probably tell the creditor to get lost.

dpick