Collectica and DVLA SORN penalty

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2560 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Earlier this year we drove to Spain on holiday. While we were there our vehicle was involved in an accident, and to cut a long story short it took three and half months to get this repaired due to the other parties insurers.

During this period the road tax expired, which we were unable to renew as the MOT was also due at the same time and the vehicle was not in the country. Upon receipt of the road tax reminderI contacted DVLA and was told there was nothing I could do as a SORN could not be made when the vehicle was not in the UK.

Within 24 hours of the vehicle arriving back in the UK I took this in for an MOT and taxed it online later that day..

A couple of weeks later I received a letter from DVLA informing me that they were levying a fine of £80 for failing to submit a SORN. I called the telephone number on the letter which was waste of time. The half-wit at the other end said there was nothing I could do but pay the fine.

Needless to say, I object to this as a matter of principle.

Now I am receiving letters from Collectica.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tell Collectica and the DVLA what they can do with their £80 and invite them to take it to court.

These are just opportunist demands especially now they pay a company to do the collecting for them.