Advice on dealing with MK Rapid Recoveries

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2568 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, first time poster so thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm looking for some advice on a couple of letters I have recently received from MK Rapid Recoveries.

I had no idea who they were at the time but I recognised the account details they were referencing though I have never had any correspondence from them previously.

It was from a Welcome Finance loan of £1500 (now £2171.35) I took out in March 2006.

I, and my partner, were both put out of work in the summer of 2006 and as such all of our debts defaulted in some way at this time.

We pretty much sold everything we owned to make ends meet and still ended up losing our home in early 2007

and spent a couple of years moving us and the kids around various short term accommodation (living with relatives, short term tenancies etc).

The last payment I made on this account was August 2006

- I know this as it was the last month I got a wage that year and all out debts stopped being paid then.

We got back on our feet after a couple of years and have since started to pay off our debts as and when we've been able to, starting with the ones that were chasing us the most.

The Welcome Finance one wasn't addressed as we didn't have the spare income to pay it at the time

and they had not sent us any correspondence since early 2007.

This last letter was to one of the places we had to move to (our postal and electoral register trails have been kept up to date as much as possible)

so it wasn't as if I was trying to avoid telling anyone where I was.

I am just about to clear another one of my debts and as such would have some spare income to cover this debt

but my question is in this particular instance do I actually now have to?

The debt was last contributed to in August 2006 so it's been 7 years since I last paid anything on it.

I never received any confirmation of the default being registered or anything about passing the debt on MK Rapid Recoveries.

I have recently checked my credit report with Experian and found the default is registered as 04/01/2010 for this account,

which means it took Welcome Finance over 3 years to register the default on this debt.

This account was also not on my credit report in spring 2012 when I last checked it.

I have done some google searches and it seems everyone asking for advice on this company

all have defaults registered at the same time so it sounds as first glance as if they've reset the defaults on a bulk load of debts to this time.

I acknowledge the debt is mine in that I took out the loan in April 2006,

but I don't want to pay it if I really don't have to

(as it would mean I can clear some others that are currently being paid a bit quicker)

but I have no idea of my position on this and really do not want to have a new black mark on my credit history

(such as a CCJ) for something that I have already been defaulted for.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Firstly the debt is statute barred , so you don't have to pay anything.

As for the default ask the company to prove that they sent a default notice in 2010 or remove the entry as the default was more than 6 years ago.

Thanks for the reply catquest.

It's been a long time without any activity on this account and I don't want to inadvertently make things more difficult for myself with regards to clearing my credit history. Would asking for proof of the default notice affect the fact it's statute barred (and where / how do I act on this fact) and as such reset the clock on this?

I'm pretty much a novice on this matter and this is the first time a company has threatened court action so quickly from first contact. I appreciate it may be scaremongering but I really don't want things to get bad again.

once a debt is SB'D its SB'd

NOTHING not even a JUDGE can unbar it.

if you have documentary proof this debt was not on your cra file

and

now it is

then you've a very good case to get it removed.

you also have a very good case to get the default moved to within 3mts of your last payment.

you CERTAINLY don't owe ANYTHING.

MKRR are VERY well known for this type of 'spoofing'

I've moved you to the welcome finance forum

go read a few threads here

you'll soon get the idea!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...