I've beaten BGB warrants in court twice, so they've sent it to Arvato, what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a very brief summary, British gas business sent me a letter stating they would refuse a contract based on there being an outstanding amount on the account that was a miss billing that was subsequently removed. They refuse to back date contracts to that date. They have sent me 9 warrant notifications over the years on a rightfully disputed account which I have attended. The ombudsman failed me due to bad communication.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

I was back in court today for another disconnection warrant.

Spoke to the representative from British gas who recognised me.

He understood what was going on and knew I was in the right, he offered to remove my warrant then and there but I said I would rather see the judge and have him side with me as that will give me more weight to go forward and try and put an end to this.

Eventually got to see the judge and he sided with me and denied the warrant. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Unsure exactly where to go from here though, the representative said he would do what he could to try and resolve it and reopen communications (another thing the judge asked for), wondered if anyone had any advice?

They are still asking for a large amount and have miss billed me again this month by adding on 450£ for a disconnection that never happened haha.

Not surprised by anything they do anymore. Thanks in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

well done!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done – especially on insisting on seeing the judge. This is hugely important and you are absolutely right not to trust BG with some little arrangement outside court.

As I said before, it's all rather difficult to follow and although you've done it once before and the threads were merged, it seems to me that now you have reached a solid stage it is maybe time to go on the attack – so would you mind terribly starting up a new thread that this time could you give us the story rather more succinctly – in a bullet pointed chronology – without the narrative, and at the end please tell us what outcomes you want.

I'm afraid that your style is very verbose and it reads well, but frankly it's a lot of work.

Also its about time you send BG an SAR. Also find out from the court how you get any records of hearings from them

Hang - on I see that you are a business - so an SAR would be unlikely

Edited by BankFodder
business sar

• 3 years later...

Hi, I've posted about my issues with British gas business electricity supply before, but I think this deserves a new post since it's a different question.

Short version, I've long standing (2007) issues with British gas and their miss billing and have been to court 13 times for their disconnection warrants. On the times they actually showed up AND it went to the magistrates (twice) the magistrates have sided with me on both occasions, once I presented my evidence.

BGB don't keep records far enough back so they're winging it at this point.
I did use the ombudsman, but they failed me massively, contradicting themselves in their overly late response, and have been unwilling to listen to my complaints.

They (bgb) have now sent the account to Arvato financial solutions (debt collectors).

When they announced they (bgb) would do so, I contacted them by email to raise another complaint, giving them one last chance to sort things out. I received one missed call before they sent it over. No emails other than auto generated ones. I will not deal with them on the phone.

I have three questions:

Firstly, If/when it goes to court again, will i be able to turn up in person, and is it likely to be near me or will I have to travel? Ideally I would like to be there, but I have everything in writing if not.

Secondly, what should my next step be?

I've considered a proof of debt letter, but since they are only addressing the business (ltd) and not myself, I would need to write it as the business. I'm not giving them any personal details. They are already harassing my phone.

Thirdly, Do arvato now have the account, and is my debt with bgb cleared? And if so, who is then responsible for my not insignificant costs for appearing in court all those times? I won, after all.

It will be difficult to assess who owns the debt until you get a letter. That will state their clients if any. That will tell you

How much is the sum? That determines court costs should it end in a county court, above £10k will be fast track. And it will be your local court as the defender. 

As long as bgb have your correct and. Current address yours is not the next move!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply. I didn't trust the phone calls so I've waited until I received a letter, I maybe should have said this. 

'Our client has informed us that the above balance remains outstanding, and we have been asked to contact you regarding available options'

Also

'Regarding

British gas business' 

Above the amount claimed. 

With reference numbers for themselves and bgb.

This suggests to me that bgb still own the debt, but I'm not sure. 

It's less than 10k.

I'm not a big fan of sitting about waiting, hence me asking what I can do in the mean time. Can a business send a prove the debt letter? And is there any point?

At this point the original mistake was over 6 years ago, but even though I haven't paid that off, I have been paying for what I use so I don't think it classes as statute barred

You ignore them.

Dont invite pointless letter tennis

and they