Miniconverter VS Barclays

miniconverter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a court date for Wednesday and still haven't received an offer which only really gives them Tuesday to sort it out due to the bank holiday.

They have been in contact earlier in the week and said they would settle before court.

Have they cut it this fine with anybody else or will I be going to court on Wednesday or is it just another dirty trick they are trying?

They have closed my account so if they intend paying on Tuesday they will have to get cash to me as I am not accepting a cheque from them and am not giving them my new bank details.

Any thought on this would be much appreciated

First thing Tuesday, give Krysta Campbell a call or send an email, she is very polite and very efficient, explain that your case is like NOW and you are interested in their views on settling out of court.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

well with any luck they will have someone in the office working overtime.. what with all these claims. i reckon phone them first thing tuesday morning, and you will have an offer by tuesday afternoon

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

I have a court date for Wednesday and still haven't received an offer which only really gives them Tuesday to sort it out due to the bank holiday.

They have been in contact earlier in the week and said they would settle before court.

Have they cut it this fine with anybody else or will I be going to court on Wednesday or is it just another dirty trick they are trying?

They have closed my account so if they intend paying on Tuesday they will have to get cash to me as I am not accepting a cheque from them and am not giving them my new bank details.

Any thought on this would be much appreciated

if account is closed be impossible to get cash to you or cheque on tuesday.:eek:

they will pay BACS into another account on tuesday. (like they did with me one hour before my court case last october)

barclays arent usually this bad! but god almighty cutting it fine! same result though you will be paid one way or another on tuesday or the latest weds morning!

they will be flapping when you phone :D if you want cash then you will have to give them your bank account details. or failing that you will need to go to court and explain to the judge

Spoke to Krysta Cambell early in the week and she said it was been handled by Paul Quinn. He promised it would be settled before the court date but seamed to be under pressure telling me how they where stretched to the limit and didn't have enough staff to cope with all the claims.

Will have up to date figure with me on Tuesday as am claiming contractual interest from day one.

They won't be able to do a bacs transfer because I won't give them my new details but will tell them unfortunately I no longer have a bank account since they closed mine but am prepared to collect cash from my local branch. Just puts them under a bit more pressure.

If all else fails Wednesday morning of to court and get a judgment against them after all they have had 8 months to sort it out

6 threads merged, please one thread per claim, it's easier to follow.

If all else fails Wednesday morning of to court and get a judgment against them after all they have had 8 months to sort it out

Very good point and right attitude. :-D

I am preparing just in case I end up in court on Wednesday and am trying to put together a list of the important points from my court bundle such as the section numbers from the various acts.

I have used the court bundle from the site and added my bits such as statements schedule of charges etc.

Does and body have a list of the important points as I don't want to miss anything? I must be prepared as you never know and they are cutting it very fine.

:) I have just tried to change the title of this tread to happy Wednesday so it might say happy Wednesday or it might say miniconverter v Barclays.:)

:grin: Now to get to the point it's Wednesday the 11th April and I have a huge smile on my face need I say more other than the best web site in the world and thanks to everyone that has made it possible:grin:

so what was the outcome then?

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

:grin: Go for the contractual interest rate adds up to more than the charges in my case:grin:

:grin: :grin: Now what shall I do tonight it's a toss up between starting work on charges older than six years or getting pi***d. Think I'll have an hour or two on the charges then perhaps a little drink to celebrate.:-D :-D