• Tweets

• No, but all you'd do is blindly run the statute barred date for another 18 months. Just sit on your hands until you get a letter of claim, then send a CCA request.  
    • Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

I have been on the site before asking about RLP and the advice you all gave was very

helpful. However I recieved a letter from RLPwhich I thought wouldnt even arrive...

My parents told me I got a letter and watched me open it. I was so scared I ripped it up

infront of them and said it was junk. However my dad got suspious and went in the bin

to find scraps of the letter and he found that is was a letter for "suing".

Breif of the insident:

I was caught shoplifting in primark about 2 months ago, NO police were

contacted, nor my parents, i was just told I would get a fine. I later came here for

legal advive and to just ignor letters and that RLP have no legal obligation or proof.

I persisted to tell him it was rubbishd said my ftiend got one last year in college.

He believed that it was a [problem] due to him finding a P.O box on the letter, saying if it was

a legit company it wouldnt have one.

My problem now is I really want to stop an other lettet coming as I remember reading something

about the 12th of August so im guessing thats when the nexr one will arrive

I have no intention of paying up as its been adviced not to by you guys

My dad said the next one that arrives hes gunna open it himself and take it to the police.

I am guilty of my actions however no police were called in the first place so what shall I do?

I have spoke to my dad numerous of times and told him i got legal help with it and to just

ignore the letters but he started going on about "harrasment"

I have been loosing a lot of sleep due to this mess and my anxiety had bern worse than ever, how can I

make the letters stop before it gets out of hand? Im begging for someone to help me.

1- how can I stop the RLP letters

2- what will happen if my dad DOES take it to the police

3- Does anyone anywhere have any proof that I did it?

Please help me as soon as possible Im gettibg really really worried, i keep thinking

it will be okay but I've gone insain with bad thoughts about it all...

Btw I'm 17 years old...

Thankyou for your time reading...

H x

My advice is the same as havinastella's.

You must take responsibility for your actions and tell your parents. However, this does not mean that you should respond in any way to RLP's bullying.

Incidentally, I do hope that your username isn't your real name; if it is, please click the triangle at the bottom left of one of the posts on here, and ask for a name change.

Your dad is concerned for you - that's why he's so angry that RLP are trying to bully you. It's a father's natural instinct to protect his child - and however old you are, you're still his child.

Yes, he might be angry with you too - for a while, because he loves you and doesn't want you to be in trouble again. He may also be asking himself where he went wrong, because your parents brought you up to know that stealing is wrong, and he's probably upset because you didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth at the outset. All this is normal.

Why don't you sit down with your dad, tell him what happened, and then show him some of the posts about RLP on here, and why they can be ignored. He'll be glad you are taking responsibility for your actions, and glad you are looking to him to help. Any anger will be short-lived and you'll be glad you decided to do the right thing in the long run.

If - and I think it's a big if - he went to the police about RLP, it'll be about them, and not you. The police won't be interested in what you did because Primark didn't call them at the time. They might be interested in RLP's bullying, but will probably say that it's a civil matter.

We can help you to deal with RLP, but we can't make you face up to your situation and do the right thing - only you can do that.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I have been ignoring the past 4 letters like adviced and I got a late letter this month asking for a lower price if just £65.00 however even this I cannot afford, it quotes

"Should we not recieve payment or accept the offer regarding agreeing to the payment options or a alternative purposal for settlement, with in the next 14 days we will have to assume that you have no desiee to reach an amicable settlement and that you are not remorseful for the incident. Our clients will be withdrawn abd we will then seek clients further instructions"

What does this mean? I am guilty however I do not wish to pay simply because I cannot afford it. I am under 18 so they stated they have no legal obligation. What should I do?

I was thinking about emailing saying that I no longer live here anymore and to stop with the fourceful letters.

Please help? Would they arrest me in 14 days if I do not pay? Im really worried

P.s the client is Primark

H xd

They cannot arrest you if you don't pay. RLP has no such power, and your failure to pay them is not any sort of crime.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The letters wont stop yet. Jackie is of the mindset that if she sends you enough, then you'll give in to her empty and meaningless threats and pay her money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'll let the RLP experts advise you what to do next, but it would be a good idea to look at a couple of basics of how laws and such work, because to a large extent RLP relies on people not knowing these things.

Firstly, you can only be arrested if an authorised officer (usually a police officer) believes you have committed or are in the process of committing a criminal offence. Shoplifting is a criminal offence, but since Primark chose not to involve the police at the time you were caught, it's vanishingly unlikely that you'll face any criminal penalty at all for this.

The other legal aspect to consider is Civil Law. What RLP is asserting (without much basis, it's important to note) is that you have harmed them in some way and that you should therefore be obliged to pay them compensation. But there are three issues with this:

1) You didn't harm RLP, if you harmed anyone, it was Primark. It's not at all obvious that RLP can collect.

2) In any case, the person claiming to have been harmed needs to demonstrate how they've been harmed and how much they need from you to make them whole. They can't just pull some figure out of their **** and say "Gimmee £150 now!"

3) And further, they can only enforce this against you through civil courts. RLP does not have a good record of success in these things - it's unlikely they'll actually take it to court, because they would lose.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The main point where it will fail in court, is that you do NOT owe RLP anything, and they are claiming punitive damages. In effect, trying to think they are above the law and they have the power to punish you for your actions. I wouldnt be at all surprised if primark knew NOTHING about what they are doing to you and others.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thankyou so much for you replies, im just scares what they might do next...

Write more letters is all they can do, they have already been embarrassed in Court so they are very unlikely to go near a court room anytime soon, They are IMO abusing the CPR Pre Action protocols, it is designed as a forum for both sides (if possible) to reach an agreement, it IS NOT to be used as an excuse to harass people for payments of amounts that simply are not due. RLP's recent development that they are somehow seeking Restorative Justice and that the respondent should somehow show remorse or apologize is laughable and counter productive as it shows that RLP are clearly trying to claim punitive damages.

RLP letters are not too far removed from bulk emailing thousands of people and asking for money, the chances are that a small minority will pay up, this form of speculative invoicing failed in spectacular fashion when tried by ACS Law (chasing alleged copyright infringers), Mr Crossley of ACS Law was fined by Information Office and the SRA, and his court claim ended in him having to pay wasted costs to the respondents.

It means jackie knows she cant do anything, you arent falling for her 'tricks', so she is trying a guilt trip masked as a threat.

Again thankyou so much for your advice, im just wondering what they ment when they said theyll contact the company for further instructions

They will contact Primark and say, "Sorry, we can't seem to get you any profit from this one." Primark will say, "And?"

The thing is RLP cannot take anyone to court, only primark can and when I last checked, they have taken court action precisely zero times.

Please don't worry about the letters. They are by design trying to intimidate you (working isn't it) and give in to their puerile missives.

You are stronger than they are and now your parents know, they can support you too.

It is highly likely the next letter will be from a debt collection agency. Again, don't worry about them as they are completely toothless.

There is no debt. You owe nothing. This has been dealt with. If the police were going to get involved, they would have done so at the time.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They will contact Primark and say, "Sorry, we can't seem to get you any profit from this one." Primark will say, "And?"

The thing is RLP cannot take anyone to court, only primark can and when I last checked, they have taken court action precisely zero times.

Please don't worry about the letters. They are by design trying to intimidate you (working isn't it) and give in to their puerile missives.

You are stronger than they are and now your parents know, they can support you too.

It is highly likely the next letter will be from a debt collection agency. Again, don't worry about them as they are completely toothless.

There is no debt. You owe nothing. This has been dealt with. If the police were going to get involved, they would have done so at the time.

Again thankyou so much for your support, im just worried it will ruin my entire christmas but you guys have calmed me down so much, i cannot thank you enough x