Auto Direct / Ageas Van Insurance help!

pinkladygem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My husbands van was crashed into and sustained damage down the drivers front side, the drivers door no longer opens

The other driver admitted full responsibility immediately and gave me his details (company policy)

The road was a unmarked country lane

I notified my insurance once I got home and they advised that because we were both moving and the road was unmarked, it would likely result in a 50/50 result - despite me advising the other driver has took full responsibility.

My husband is self employed and has to use the van for work everyday

He is now facing:

£100 excess for repair

Loss of 9 years no claims

He has asked for a courtesy van as he has one on his policy - but has been told there isn't a van available - what the hell does he do now? without a van he cant work!

How do we proceed - it is our insurance that doesn't seem to want to help!

Approach the third parties Insurers to make a claim directly against them. If their policyholder is admitting responsibility, they may arrange to fix the van and to pay for a hired van to be used in the meantime. See if this works first. If it does then no need to pay the £100 excess and no reduced NCD.

His Insurers are only stating the facts really. Until they have it in writing from the third parties Insurers that they are accepting 100% liability, then going on what they have been told it would probably be 50/50. Many drivers admit responsibility and their Insurers are not happy, so the admittance is withdrawn. So a claim against his own Insurance, will mean paying £100 excess and paying for a hire van himself. It would then be a case of trying to pursue the third party and seeing whether you can make them liable for these costs. When you do not manage to get the third party Insurers to pay 100% of the claim, you do lose some NCD, but it is usually a reduction not losing the whole discount.

Frustrating that your husbands Insurers did not explain this all to him.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread