Bus lane PCN - York Council/Lendal Bridge **Appeal Upheld**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Re: bus lane pcn

We visited York on 17th to 20th December, staying at the caravan club site at beechwood grange. On Monday we too received a bus lane penalty charge notice for" being in a bus lane during the hours of operation of the bus lane" on 18.12.13. On this particular day, we went to the rail museum, and paid £9 to park there!! As visitors to the city, and spending quite a lot of money, this has put us off going to York again, shame, but I am sure, judging by other comments, we are not the only ones. They must be making a fortune at York council if this has happened to other naïve visitors like ourselves.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian...hope you've got sorted with Facebook now. Does anyone local to York know how many times the words Bus Lane are written on the road/ bridge and exactly where the positions are. This request comes from someone in Hampshire who is prepared to go to court over this.

Does this High Court case in Oxford (see Minster FM website, link to ruling in news story) help with Lendal Bridge fiasco?

I paid, council now refuses to refund despite pointing out signage problems. Anyone have advice on how to get my money back?!

Just got a PCN through the post from when we visited York in Oct 13, for crossing Lendal Bridge. As visitors to York, we were blindly following the signs to the Railway Museum which direct you over the bridge! How can they direct 1000s of visitors to one of their main tourist attractions via a "closed" road?! They must be raking it in. In the photo they provided there are another three cars behind me! Needless to say, I will be appealing!

Ahh yes.. Coppergate. A TRO/TMO with holes big enough to drive buses through, and enforcement procedural improprieties the like of which compare only to Lendal 'Bridgegate'.

I'd like to share some photos of the approaches to these restrictions that I have added to Facebook but I have to wait seven days. If any one is interested I have shared them to the say no to lendal bridge closure facebook page.

I am not against the closure trial but think it was implemented badiy. A congestion charge or a complete pedestrianisation are fairer options if properly instigated, in my personal opinion.

Regards Kevin

Good, glad you are appealing.Trot along to the Facebook say no to lendal bridge close if you need more info.

Can't believe it's taken more than 3 months to notify you. Maybe check that they are not timed out!

Hi Lisa, I think the time limit is 56 days.

City of York Council leader James Alexander is in the Hotseat to answer your questions..........Friday 31st Jan. Over ½ of the Leaders Q/A session devoted to Lendal farce, some interesting contributions. Starts @ 01:03:50 Seven days left to listen. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ph6vs

And what appears to be another cancellation of a PCN possibly a timing malfunction? http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/readersletters/10977979.Bridge_ban_video/

Edited by frickshan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Thanks to people posting in this thread and keeping it alive. We've been to the Railway Museum in York on Feb 1 and on the 7th received a PCN for 'being in a bus lane' at Lendal Bridge. It has been mentioned here in the forum that the council has updated the signage in December but we didn't notice it when we drove there and I would like to appeal. Can someone please confirm if there is now a sign which we have completely missed? Thank you. I have also checked the Facebook page to help me make my case.

And what appears to be another cancellation of a PCN possibly a timing malfunction? http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/readersletters/10977979.Bridge_ban_video/

I have heard a similar tale to the letter in the press above, Local lends her daughter the car fully aware of the prohibition times, passes over Lendal Bridge at 5-04 receives a PCN timed at 4-53..........So therefore car clock must be incorrect ...........but it isn't? Unless it gained 11 minutes & then by magic corrected itself.I wonder if there may be an issue with the monitoring equipment?

Just to share an update regarding my PCN appeal which I've sent last week. Logged in today to pay the fine as my husband insists, and voila it says PCN has been cancelled. So it's a small victory but York Council needs to address the bigger issue rather than sending PCNs and hoping that people won't appeal so they can cash in, sending PCNs require resources, imagine printing and posting to thousands of motorists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just won my PCN fine back. Go for it. There were no bus lane marks on the road - therefore it is not a bus lane. Challenge it! Just referrred them to the Oxford High Court Ruling on the Appeal Form.

I have just won my PCN fine back. Go for it. There were no bus lane marks on the road - therefore it is not a bus lane. Challenge it! Just referrred them to the Oxford High Court Ruling on the Appeal Form.

Very pleased for you and as you say, the bus lane isn't compliant anyway unless things have changed since my last post on this thread.

Ive just been slapped with a PCN for Lendal bridge after visiting brother on the way down south, there were no road markings I could see to stop me going over and in fact I was following signage out of the city! Could someone please send me a link to a forum for appealing? (or if someone has already sent one off could they point me in the right direction).

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received 2 fines for driving over this bridge over the 2 days i was visiting york 2 weeks ago. i will be logging my appeals today. The Signs are not sufficient and the fact that the alleged 'bus lane' doesnt even had the words bus lane painted on the road, nor is it made to look any different to a normal road how are visitors supposed to know. also ive been told there are AA signs saying that the lendal bridge is closed, how do visitors know what lendal bridge is? will not be going back to york again!

Interesting remarks on Radio York this morning (Jonathan Cowap 09-00/1200 - no link yet as program currently on) Nick Freeman (Mr Loophole) contributing.

If I understood correctly it was stated the fines will not be rescinded AND the prohibition will continue as they take legal advice. Huh, might have been a good idea to do that before they instigated it. So now they're using a JCB rather than a shovel to dig the hole they're disappearing in to.