Reasonably priced warranty companies

A Strachan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if my posting is in the right section.

Having problems finding reasonably priced warranty companies to cover repairs for fridge, dishwasher etc.

Had a less than great experience recently with Know How recently. Prices seemed very expensive for each item.

why bother

under SOGA, the items are covered for a reasonable period

this for such items can be upto 4-5yrs.

waste of money

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

objectively

there no reason why your dishwasher should not keep going.

of that age, the replacement will be about prob the same cost as the warranty and the parts

most warranties ALWAYS find ways to make you pay for parts or things not covered

if you are reasonably savvy, and research how to service your model yourself.

all that's needed is p'haps a can of sevisol 10 for the mechanical cam switches

if its a digital control then just the mechanical parts might need a lube or to.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

It seems as no one has replied either no one is following the thread or all have the same problem with obtaining an extended warranty with big ticket items. With my car the diesel pump broke down a month out of manufacturer’s warranty, the car had done 6000 miles. The main dealer blamed it on the fuel but the firm I work for uses the same filling station for all their vehicles and none of the diesels they have has had a fuel pump failure. After a great deal of letter writing the manufacturer admitted there was a fault on the pump and repaired it free of charge. The fuel pump failed to function a few months back, by this time the car had done 14000 miles. My husband contacted several main dealers and the cost as they are unable to repair this type of pump was a replacement pump unit at a cost £2000 to £2400 fitted. I looked the invoice up the pump was a Bosch VP 44

With the gas boiler, it was new seven years ago, a proprietary brand and serviced with a well known provider of energy. We took their all inclusive warranty package out after the first year. It needed several repairs running into hundreds of pounds. On the last service we were advised by the engineer we needed a new boiler costing around £3000 installed as the parts were no longer available for this one. However, once again my husband contacted the boiler manufacturer who said all the parts were available and ex stock but would be required to be fitted by a gas safe registered engineer. As pointed out by the post by TX extended warranty on a £400 general domestic appliance may be of little or no value but extended warranty on a big ticket item is a must. (We believe true recycling is to repair rather than buy a new one and take something which still has some life in it to a recycling centre.)

Maxine