Disabled and looking for work - JCP's 'two tick' system

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks,

Is anyone familiar with JCP's so-called 'two tick' [1] system? I'm trying to help someone I know find work who is (a) disabled and (b) not in 'the system' at JCP. More specifically, I'm trying to find out if (Universal Jobmatch, Directgov Jobsearch) actually employs the use of the two ticks i.e., is visibly made clear on online vacancy listings, or whether this information is only available to advisers accessing vacancies from within JCP. From a cursory perusal of about 50 or so vacancies on Directgov Jobsearch, I'm either having bad luck finding a two-tick job ad it's just not there to find.

Any help with this would be much appreciated! :wink:

[1] https://www.gov.uk/looking-for-work-if-disabled/looking-for-a-job

I doubt very much that the JC will care how many 'ticks' an employer has.

They just see it as a job, any job.

If the person you are helping was in the JC system, and that he required only to be considered by those employers that were approved and had two ticks, he wouldn't be too far away from being sanctioned and lose their benefit for a while.

If a claimant had no arms, one leg and had no driving licence but was told to apply for a job as a forklift truck driver and refused, it is likely he would lose his benefits. That is how stupid the system is.

Oh and yes that example actually happened when a friend who owns a packaging company wanted a fork lift truck driver.