Kodak Hero 5.1 Printer needs new printhead

Blondmusic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Kodak Hero 5.1 Printer from Currys in January 2012. Recently I have noticed the print quality is terrible. The colour prints perfect but the black is faded and missing despite putting a brand new ink cartridge in less than a month ago.

I went through Kodak's support service on their website and after following all the instructions with regards to the missing print it says my printer needs a new printhead.

Now a new printhead is going to cost me as the printer is out of warranty but surely a printer should last a few years. My last printer was an Epson and I had that for 4 years before giving it to a friend who still uses it on a daily basis!!

Do I have a claim against Currys under SOGA as the printer has developed this fault within 2 years or would I be better off buying a new printer?

Edited by Blondmusic
:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

It depends how much you used the printer. A printhead should last a good few years easily, but if its in constant use, then they could have a right to reject, or at least give a like for like replacement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Morning

Are you sure the printhead is faulty and not just blocked? If it is blocked it is quite easy to clean.

If it is faulty, you could try SoGA but if it was me in your position, I would just spend £20 and get one off ebay

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think epson have the same problem. Printers with fixed printheads (as opposed to printer cartridges with head built in) are subject to heads clogging. This is due to them being of a higher quality than separate cartridges. I have lost count of the amount of times I cleaned my old epson because I didn't use it much and the ink dried on the printhead.

If removal of the printhead is a simple as it appears, take it out and lay it on a piece of tissue paper soaked with de-ionised water. Leave it to soak up then wipe it, re-insert the head and see what happens

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I had the same problem with Kodak, im on my third printer head, mine was out of warrenty aswell but i got kodak to send me the printer head for free as a good will gesture Twice.

Like you i had an epson printer and wish i still had it. When the printer head goes on my kodak i will by a diff make def not kodak.

I emailed kodak a complaint regarding my printer after researching the problems, my printers print head was a design flaw or something so because of that i was sent out a new head as a good will gesture.

That was over 2 years ago tho but i refuse to purchase it especially after kodak admitted it actually was a problem with the design ect.

Luckily mine hasnt gone again but when it does wont use kodak again probs go back to epson.

Just to jump in and throw my advice in the mix. I work for a large retailer and I've learnt a few things over the years. Even if your product is out of warranty you are fully entitled to claim against the warranty for up to 6 years after the purchase date. This is due to the SOGA. We find that if a customer calls to complain the general rule of thumb is that if you take it to a 3rd party who are VAT registered then if the fault is deemed mechanical failure and not accidentally induced then a depreciation credit is generally issued but like some of you I prefer to go direct to the top to complain and generally if the letter is well constructed you'll get a result.

Too late as I have now bought a new printer.

What make :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

please dont say advent, they are re-badged kodaks

• Confused 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

No I bought an Epson Expression XP-215. Epson printers have always served me well over the years. My last one is still working well at my boyfriends house!!

I did an online chat with Epson a few days ago asking if the printhead was a consumable. I was told that the printhead should last the life of the printer.

As for the Kodak printer my sister is taking it off my hands as she is happy to pay for a new printhead.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool: