closing my account

ace7580
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i wasn't sure if i had the right section to post this but here goes my problem at hand.

i opened a barclays basic account back in june this year as we all know we all need direct debit facilities as standard for everyday living/bill payments ect,

with the basic account you don't get that feature so after afew weeks i went back into my nearest branch

to inspect to see if i'm able to get any kind of direct debit card/facility placed on my account

luckily i was able to have visa electron added to my account,

now with that said my card came through a few days later with visa debit facility placed on my account instead which in my opinion was a bonus,

so heres were my problem occurs,

3months later - 3 days ago now i receive a letter saying -

we are writing to inform you that following a review of your account with us,

we are unable to continue as your bankers,

your account with us will be closed in line with our contract with you on 10/11/2013.

i'm really angry with this letter as i've not done anything out of the odd with my account

i've used it strictly for bills and normal money in and out methods for everyday life bills/shopping stuff like that,

i've taken a look at my credit report and i cant see anything that would allow this/cause this to happen?????

i don't have a good credit score but if it was the problem why open it in the 1st place.

now with all this said and done i had this same issue 5 months ago with nationwide except they closed the account after opening it within the same month, back in april.

any ideas or theories would be helpful.

Are you putting in enough money as per their t&C's? Some of their accounts, especially upgraded ones need to have a certain minimum income per month.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Check the accounts T&C's. You could also ask them but knowing barclays, they will refuse to give you an answer, forcing you to issue a SAR.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

so true

i've already phoned them and made a complaint as standard along with a re-assessment of the decision they solely made,

also i was told they would have further details sent to me by post if any within the coming week [not holding my breathe there],

is there any other banks that offer direct debit facilities with there basic accounts

that i may be able to obtain since this is the only real route for me to go.

Coop cashminder account.

Banking with no frills and no fuss:

Secure online banking

UK call centres open 24/7

Debit card

Regular statements

Standing order and Direct Debit facility

No overdraft is available

No cheque book

Open with just £1

Minimum balance required £1

No monthly subscription charge

• Confused 1

Hi Ace and selcome to CAG

If this happened before with Nationwide, I wonder if there is any adverse data registered with CIFAS.

You can read more about this here - https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CF4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cifas.org.uk%2Fwhat_are_my_rights&ei=nUQ2Ut_zOdOQhQfsyoDACw&usg=AFQjCNEGzZUZUL6eSGPm33QDAMgB9ExZuQ&sig2=c6Yf1nDVCws3V8OCb-Cidg&bvm=bv.52164340,d.ZG4

A SAR to them will cost £10 but it could be money well-spent if you identify what is causing you these problems.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i recently registered with a company called noddle that does credit report file viewing online and from what i see there isn't any CIFAS on my report,

and i was thinking maybe it could be this address i live at as i've been here only 7months

and i always get other previous tenants mail here for ppl i've never met,

from the look of the letters they look like debt collection agencies things like that.

Hi Ace,

I've seen folk here say that Noddle is ok but their info is not as reliable and up-to-date as the others.

You may be right about the address having a poor history but I thought this should not affect you as an individual with a different name.

I'm going to ask DX to stop by and comment as he's more acquainted with CRA reporting.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi ace

there is no such thing as an address blacklist

so I cant why that should be the cause

though to me its a mystery why its happened twice now.

I have referred lots of people to the co-op

might be an idea

you can do it online too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...