Cash Converters.

Cornish Brian
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I bid on an item on Cash Converters web site and received an e-mail telling me my bid had been accepted. The store was local to me but as I was away from home at that time, I had to travel 95 miles to pay and collect it. The web site informed me that I had 24 hours in which to pay for the item. (An ipad) I arrived at the store about 2 hours 10 minutes into the 24 hours. I went to pay for the item to be told "Oh, sorry. You are too late, we have already sold it". After a fraught 20 minutes "Debate"....which involved the manager, I left the store without my item and traveled the 95 miles back to join my family.....empty handed.

I e-mail their head office and was told "we had an IT glitch, sorry."

I bid on another similar item at the previously agreed price but that bid was rejected. I then managed to purchase a similar ipad from another branch of Cash Converters for an additional 39 quid plus 10 quid post and packing.

Any one any ideas whereI stand? I have e-mail head office and said that I will be claiming the additional casts for the item plus 180 miles travel from then with no response. Will I be safe going to small claims court. I am on a qualifying benefit and so there should be no charge to me to take out the claim.

If they have told the item is yours, subject to payment then yes they have sold your item and are entitled to compensation.

So take them to court.

But first you must write to them ( no point in recorded ). stating the amount you want and why, enclose proof of them telling you and proof of your expense and any additional costs including your time at say £25/hr and give them 7 days to respond; then you can start legal proceedings.