raspberry-ketoneblast.com free trial suspect

seanamarts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick Update.

Bank did get my money back from this company and cancelled any further withdrawals from them, however they have attempted to try and take the money again despite having had two emails from them stating that no further money would be taken from my account.

My bank has also informed me that they are familiar with this company and their antics and would urge anyone else who has had this happen to go see their bank and reclaim back their money.

Its a pity that the banks dont have a list of dubious companies that can stop payments from going out on the onset. It would certainly put a stop to these companies.

I too got caught out with a similar trial a couple years ago.

Im quite savvy myself & I did read the free trials website before signing up. Under their T&Cs it also stated you had to cancel within 14 days for payments NOT to be taken!

I never received the free trials products until after the 14 days had passed. But I did try cancelling on day 10 via letter, email & telephoning them. The UK number always rang out & not once did anyone answer the phone. The Company address turned out to be one of many listed in an office block. (Other free trial products under different Company names but same address)

So I tracked down the Head office in America & I called them. I was passed from pillar to post after speaking to several "customer service" agents & finally ended up with a "so called manager" who told me the UK based company was nothing to do with them, despite the fact it was the exact same brand name & packaging etc. Let alone the fact this Company was the only one doing this trial in the US & the UK!!

On day 14 I had £75 taken from my card & on day 15 the trial products turned up! I did my utmost to stop the transaction & I tried to get my money back to no avail. My card issuer told me there was nothing they could do, so I ended up cancelling my card & the CPA that had been set up.

Never again will I sign up for another "free trial" as its a total con. You dont get sent the free trial items until after the 14 day cancellation period has passed!! By which time your accounts have been raided & trying to get your money back is like squeezing blood from a stone!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I think the banks are now getting wise to these companies, Im hoping they are anyway. Barclays have been quite helpful, although it did take a while to get it over to them what needed to be done, once I got over that hurdle with the bank manager she started getting the right people with the right information.

I think you just have to push them a little.

Its hard to get these companies to stop what they are doing, because when one gets shut down they just open another under a different name.

It seems to be an American company all the time an their call centers are usually in Pakistan or India and no disrespect to them, they are just following what is written in front of them and will not deviate from it for love nor money.

Who ever this company is in America, they are earning a pretty penny from the likes of us and they are very clever in wording it so it looks like a win win for you. They do not follow their own terms and conditions and this is where people are getting duped.

I am trying to find out who the American company is at the moment so I can send a complaint to their equivalent of Trading standards and the OFT.

• 1 month later...

Just adding to the list of Misery these (Edit) purvey.

Myself and my partner have both just fallen foul of this. Between us, £285 has been deducted from our accounts, for 3 little bottles of pills.

I know now to NEVER trust trials, lesson learned. lets hope my bank can help resolve this on Monday.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable word.

Hello and Welcome fredu.

Had to edit your post, have to watch our backs :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just adding to the list of Misery these (Edit) purvey.

Myself and my partner have both just fallen foul of this. Between us, £285 has been deducted from our accounts, for 3 little bottles of pills.

I know now to NEVER trust trials, lesson learned. lets hope my bank can help resolve this on Monday.

I found that Barclays were eventually very helpful and finally had my money return, yes these people are the edited word and far more. I have since found out that a company in Scotland are quite happy in sending these pills out and they are a lot more to do with this naughtiness then what they like to let on, Im still owed money (about £10) but Im working on that.

Really push your bank, I went in hands full of info from the net at how they (insert naughty word) you and that they have changed names so many times because they have been caught out. Good luck, let me know how you get on. :thumb:

Hello and Welcome fredu.

Had to edit your post, have to watch our backs :)

Pity, because this particular company really are (edit)

Its a :nono: from the start, an American based company run in Pakistan and distribute the goods in Scotland. Last year from Ireland and the time before that some where in the midlands. They have changed their name quite a few times now. They really need to be stopped.

:wave: Hello by the way :hug:

Pity, because this particular company really are (edit)

:wave: Hello by the way :hug:

And a big hello to you too :)

I wasn't going to edit the post then thought I may have to I agree with fredu by the way :thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hah! No problem, we all know what I meant :evil:

To be honest, if it wasn't obvious when WE signed up (and I am usually quite diligent, this one slipped past me unfortunately), then its not going to be obvious for many other thousands of people. These trading practices should be stopped; its quite simply not fair. Misguided selling I think is now being scrutinized, but I am not sure how to proceed. Any ideas?

==edit==

Interesting proceedings. I called them, and managed to get a 50% REFUND. I don't need to send the product back. Well, what would they use it for anyway! Its not a perfect resolution, and I will continue to pursue this through my bank, but its a start.

My partner unfortunately, only managed to negotiate a 30% refund. Again, she will hound this through the bank on Monday.

My advice if you find yourself in this situation: Be incredibly persistent (The call center operatives in India are trained well it seems), don't lose your temper over the phone under any circumstances, and drop into conversation 'you will be pursing this through the financial ombudsman and the banks'. Ask to Talk to a supervisor, which helped.

What a mess. Such S...s

Edited by fredu

I called them too and was told that they were in Scotland, which I knew was not true, I asked the guy to look out of his window and tell me what the weather was like, he kept saying I promise you I am here.

Best bet is to get a charge back from the bank. If your bank wont then tell them that they took the money after 14 days when they should of taken it after 30 days. Mention it was a free trial for the first month so no money should of come out at all. Also mention that they use false advertising. The celebs they use in the adverts have not endorsed the product.

This company in the past have been warned with regards to how they get you to buy their products. They just change the name though.